Introducing the Forster Jumping Fleas Ukulele Band. Mid North Coast, NSW, Australia

arpie

Reaction score
Hi guys

I bought my Mainland Banjo Ukulele in April this year and just love it to bits! I have 'played around' with it quite a bit, building up a list of songs from the net, but had not been playing it as regularly as I should ..... I trolled thru UU threads for some months before joining, gaining tips on playing & chords & then thought that if there was a regular 'gathering' of uke players in my town, it would benefit all of us - so after a small article was put into the local paper ....... we now have the The Forster Jumping Fleas Ukelele Band & here is our logo! Kinda cute, eh??

jumping_fleas logo.jpg

We had our first 'gathering' last Wed - 3 in the 'Beginners' section & 2 in the 'OK' section and have about 12 members signed up who may be able to attend, but not necessarily at the same time! So pretty happy with that! We will all benefit from this, I reckon.

We meet every Wednesday at a venue yet to be determined ....... it was at my place this week, with the beginners at lunchtime & the OKers at 4.30pm ..... but hope to find a club that will allow us to strum in the background somewhere soon!!

There is going to be a great Uke Concert/Workshop close to us on Sept 22nd, showcasing Boscoe & Honey & AJ Leonard - so most of us have signed up to attend & I can't wait! It will be my first Ukulele Concert/Workshop!

I am looking forward to becoming a better uke player ........ not much hope for my voice tho! :eek:

Cheers for now

Roberta

Last edited:
Hi Roberta,

Great to hear of a uke group in Forster. I hope it goes from strength to strength. I was in Gloucester last week visiting family, not too far from you. Not much uke action there. I talked with the folk at the Taree music store (great range of stuff there) and heard of the groups in Taree. You are always welcome at the Adelaide Ukulele Appreciation Society!

Cheers

Richard G

Hi Richard

Great to hear from you! Gosh, if I'd known you were in the area I would have suggested a brief stop in Forster as well! :) Let me know the next time you are up this way & there'd be a bed for you here to overnight if you like! Jamming with a 'Pro' would be terrific!

....Not much uke action there... Surely only a matter of time til someone there gets the bug!!

Yes, I attended the Taree gathering for the first time earlier in the month & look forward to the Concert/workshop with Boscoe & Honey & AJ Leonard!

I reckon it won't be long before the 'beginners' in our group join up with the 'OK' members & we get more attending on a regular basis - 3 folk that have rung have banjos - one will get a uke & attend next week, not sure of the others!!

Visiting Uke groups when I travel now, will be top on the agenda! Many thanks for the invite!

Cheers

Roberta

Last edited:
We've had an update on our 'logo' as the spelling of 'ukelele' in the original was thought to be incorrect, tho technically, I thought it was OK - so the designer has now done a 'reverse' of the original, so the background is now white & the design is now black! Cute, eh?

We'll look at getting a stencil of it & get it printed onto some shirts!

Cheers

Roberta

Attachments

• jumping fleas new email size.jpg
    jumping fleas new email size.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom