UU phishing, members beware

garyg

Reaction score
Today I received this phishing post that, I assume, spoofed the UU address. The PM hasn't shown up in my UU mailbox yet but I've noticed sometimes there is a lag

I just wanted folks to know that the UU board is now being targeted, although perhaps this has happened in the past.

I suppose those of you who are lonely might want to write qeen4love [sic] joke, joke joke (I wouldn't click the links either).

cheers, g2

Ukulele Underground to me

show details 6:22 PM (1 hour ago)

qeen4love sent you a new message:

Subject: alimatdama24@yahoo.com

"alimatdama24@yahoo.com
Hello
My name is Alimat, i saw your profile and it was interesting so i would like to know more about you. It will be a pleasure to read from you,if you wouldn't mind, you can email me in private at (alimatdama24@yahoo.com)
so that i can reply you quickly and also send my picture for you to know me. I want you to know that real love matters. I will be expecting your mail soon, kiss.
Your lovely new friend,
Alimat
"

To view and read your messages please log in and visit: http://ukuleleunderground.com/members/garyg/messages/

---------------------
To disable these notifications please log in and go to: http://ukuleleunderground.com/members/garyg/settings/notifications/

Beware of web site hijackers!

Just a note to let the folks be aware, and beware: there are scumbags out there hijacking the good name of UU!

I just got the following email - and initially thought it was a notification of a PM, until I read it again.

Subject: [Ukulele Underground] New message from qeen4love
To: ksiegel@xxxxxxx.net

"alimatdama24@yahoo.com
Hello
My name is Alimat, i saw your profile and it was interesting so i would like to know more about you. It will be a pleasure to read from you,if you wouldn't mind, you can email me in private at (alimatdama24@yahoo.com)
so that i can reply you quickly and also send my picture for you to know me. I want you to know that real love matters. I will be expecting your mail soon, kiss.
Your lovely new friend,
Alimat."

To view and read your messages please log in and visit: http://ukuleleunderground.com/members/ksiegel/messages/

---------------------
To disable these notifications please log in and go to: http://ukuleleunderground.com/members/ksiegel/settings/notifications/

I know that this isn't something that would come from UU - but I wanted to make sure everyone here knows about it, and the Sysops (are they still called that?) can take appropriate action.

-Kurt

It's an official notification from UU. I've gotten one before. It's from the main page. Do you have a profile set up on the main page?

Somebody just sets up a fake profile and sends out messages.

Here's mine

uuhackers.jpg

Last edited:
I just posted a similar message in the VIP forum. I got virtually the same email yesterday.

Thanks for the public notification, Gary!

. . . . . . . -Kurt

I actually merged the two threads and moved it to the site suggestions so that Ryan will see it as he has the access to ban the offending profile.

I was gonna say... I was typing something and it kicked me out of the reply. Then I finished retyping everything and now there's 2 different things from me.

But again... nothing to do with the forums. It's just like the people advertising sex groups on the main page network.

Last edited:
I was gonna say... I was typing something and it kicked me out of the reply. Then I finished retyping everything and now there's 2 different things from me.

But again... nothing to do with the forums. It's just like the people advertising sex groups on the main page network.

I've got your back ;)

Just a note to let the folks be aware, and beware: there are scumbags out there hijacking the good name of UU!

I just got the following email - and initially thought it was a notification of a PM, until I read it again.

Subject: [Ukulele Underground] New message from qeen4love
To: ksiegel@xxxxxxx.net

"alimatdama24@yahoo.com
Hello
Your lovely new friend,
Alimat."

To view and read your messages please log in and visit: http://ukuleleunderground.com/members/ksiegel/messages/

---------------------
To disable these notifications please log in and go to: http://ukuleleunderground.com/members/ksiegel/settings/notifications/

I know that this isn't something that would come from UU - but I wanted to make sure everyone here knows about it, and the Sysops (are they still called that?) can take appropriate action.

-Kurt

I got that same message Kurt.. and I thought I was special!! ha ha!! that was from the Main site and not from the forums...

Miss Favour seems nice :L I got two from babylove and stellamando. And Bruce, I know how you feel :(

Miss Favour seems nice :L I got two from babylove and stellamando. And Bruce, I know how you feel :(

I got two from "Babylove" too, just deleted them and ignored them, not the first time it's happened and I have informed Ryan and always do...thanks for the headsup!

I get these on My Space mail ALL the time, to the point I just laugh and X them out! Seems to always be @Yahoo.com. I was gonna give them a hard time, cuss them out, heck - invite them over for beer but it's best not to answer any of these "love notes" ( at one time, I had NO avatar and the "boilerplate" said, Love your photo! ) So let the the computer user beware! Practice Uke instead...

Is Alimat any relation to Laundromat?

Can I add Bentlove to this list? Also, where do I go to report these people? :)

mine was from Alimat as well...that email did not work...she says her UU user name is love4u

Top Bottom