JS Bach's cello suite no.1 Prelude

monty

Reaction score
Hey guys, final video upload of the day. As seems to be the case, as soon as the camera is on - my uke skills turn to mush! But I managed to record this not tooo bad copy (still pretty rough) so I can share with you all.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Hey Eroll, this particular version was included in the John King 'Classical Ukulele' jumping jims tab book. If you are interested in playing classical and traditional Hawaiian then it is well worth it, I think its fantastic!

Well Done!!! Tough piece. Believe it or not I played this piece on classical guitar (Duarte transcription) for senor recital 41 years ago.

Brilliant Monty. Bach is my favorite composer and you played this wonderfully. More great stuff from Brisvegas...

Yeah, that's not an easy piece to play.

Is that a tenor? (Looks like it to me.) I've found some of John King's arrangements require too much of a stretch to be comfortable on a tenor. And this coming from a guitar player. :p

Thanks for the kind words gang!

@Larry - I would love to hear you play it on classical guitar!

@Jon - Thanks mate, I've been playing this piece for a while now. Almost mastered another bach piece so i'll put that online in due course :)

@Itsme - It is a tenor, a custom TD koa tenor - and I completely agree some arrangement's of John is a very large stretch. I believe this is why it took me so long to learn, getting used to being scattered all over the fretboard. I actually usually modify tabs I find too stretchy because I have smaller hands (probably why i'm a terrible guitar player) but I did not have to in this instance.

Monty, this was very good. You are inspirational to those of us who are not quite as accomplished. Thanks for recording and posting this piece.

Hey Eroll, this particular version was included in the John King 'Classical Ukulele' jumping jims tab book. If you are interested in playing classical and traditional Hawaiian then it is well worth it, I think its fantastic!

Just ordered it from Amazon,on "Your" recommendation, thanks for the heads up, I'm sure it'll be great.

Would that have been the John Duarte transcription??? Small world.

Top Bottom