how much is a new concert kamaka HF2 worth?

H

Hippie Dribble

hi gang

I have a mint condition Kamaka concert here with a tweed hardshell case.

I have a guy calling round to my house in the morning who is interested in buying it.

What is a realistic price to ask for such an instrument. It is mint, made 2010, sail headstock etc etc. I was going to ask 850 straight up for the uke and case. Is that fair do you think? (Kind of hoping a tall price may be a disincentive...guess I could just tell him it's not for sale anymore)

Just would hate to sell this one and regret it like I have with several others.

Last edited:
I looked at the price on Elderly Instruments, and converted US $ to Austrailian $, and it was right at what you were thinking of asking.

ok, thanks chindog. Never sold a nice uke locally before. Appreciate it mate.

It also depends on customs...Does Kamakas purchased in Australia cost the same as the states? I don't know. Either way, if you want to offer that price and he wants to buy it, then it's very fair

Price sounds ok - I bought one new earlier in the year- the koa had a bit more curl in it, even though it was a standard hf2 - cost about 950 usd to ship it to Melbourne- Aussie dollar was 1.10 at the time!

Just would hate to sell this one and regret it like I have with several others.

Aww, man... you don't want to sell it. That's the hardest part. I've sold a few in the past that I've regretted too but I've sworn to replace at another/better time. At the end of the day, it makes me like and appreciate the ones that are left even more.

I'd say the price is a fair price and probably close to the max you could expect. Good luck.

IMG_0366.jpgIMG_0369.jpg
Is this headstock addition factory or 'Aftermarket' I've just acquired this and only just joined here so please excuse me if I'm out of order posting here..
Basil

Jon,
Don't sell it unless you really have to! The Kamaka concert is destined to be a classic, especially if it's in mint condition. These Kamaka concerts will only increase in value. I have one that is an older vintage and wouldn't let go of it for anything...
Sending warm wishes from California.
Vicki (Uke Mama)

Aloha Eugene,
I would be with you and put it for 900...so nobody buys it and you can keep it...wouldn't let that on go too..
Generally here, about 650-700 ball park on a good condition one...maybe more in a few months since the price increase.
Worried for you ....you're down to selling your most important babies..

View attachment 29834View attachment 29835
Is this headstock addition factory or 'Aftermarket' I've just acquired this and only just joined here so please excuse me if I'm out of order posting here..
Basil

Aloha basilhenriques,

I believe what you have is a somewhat rare Tiki concert Kamaka. There was one that was recently up for sale on ebay. I could be wrong, but I believe that the tiki was factory installed. I would contact Kamaka directly to get the full story.

Top Bottom