Whats a good pineapple uke?

My favorite is a David Gill, as reviewed by Ukeeku here: http://ukeeku.com/2010/07/19/david-s-gill-ukuleles/

As for others, well, Mya-Moe are now taking orders for pineapples, and then there's Koaloha, Kamaka, Mainland, Ohana, and I'm also fond of the Anuenue U900 Bear pineapple.

I think you need to narrow it down a bit. :p

My favorite is a David Gill, as reviewed by Ukeeku here: http://ukeeku.com/2010/07/19/david-s-gill-ukuleles/

As for others, well, Mya-Moe are now taking orders for pineapples, and then there's Koaloha, Kamaka, Mainland, Ohana, and I'm also fond of the Anuenue U900 Bear pineapple.

I think you need to narrow it down a bit. :p

hahah! thanks thought! i had no idea where to start and though your list is long, its a start :p

I don't have one, but I really want one.

Ko'Aloha Pineapple Sunday.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Here's my DS Gill Tenor pineapple. Spuce / mahogany. I like it.
Dgill2.jpg

Last edited:
Luna makes a soprano pineapple that isn't great, but can be obtained fairly cheaply and I would say that it is pretty good for the price.

Best pineapple on the market in my view is the Kamaka HP-1.

I always liked those Ko'olau concert and tenor pineapples.
But those are a bit on the pricey side.

I would like a concert pineapple in Koa.. Now that would be sumthin'

It's interesting that Kamaka doesn't make their long-neck instruments more well-known. Seems they're very popular in Japan but not marketed much anywhere else.
I noticed that you have a 2011 HP-1 in your signature, is it long neck one?

o: a lot of you seem to love the kamaka! i've watched several videos and it does sound amazing!

I noticed that you have a 2011 HP-1 in your signature, is it long neck one?

Mine's the standard one, 12 fret join, 16 frets total. It's by far my favorite uke.

When I was shopping around for it, I was able to try out a long neck Kamaka concert and couldn't really see much difference - a lot of the arrangements I play go up to the 13th fret but I have no trouble playing that on a standard neck. For this particular uke, I wanted to pick it out in person rather than order it from the factory, and the only way to get a long neck is by special order.

Forgive me for a shameless plug for David Gill, but he just delivered an aromatic cedar concert pineapple to the the Weed Patch Music store in Nashville, Indiana last Monday. It is probably is still available.

David is my uncle.

Top Bottom