koaloha sceptre owners - what strings do you like on your sceptre?

3nails4holes

Reaction score
calling all koaloha sceptre owners:

what strings do you like the best on your sceptre?

also, please specify if you've got a tenor or concert sceptre.

i'm just looking to see what options are out there.

my own string experience is limited. so far, i've had the best string results with aquila nylguts. but that has been on other ukes--not on a tenor sceptre.

thanks for your feedback!

I have had a concert and now a tenor. I second Ronnie. Worth clears.

I have the tenor, and also Worth clears. Aquila's made it warmer but also a muddier sound, lots of bass. The Worth's are much brighter and clearer.

To my ears, anyway.

just to clarify, is that what i would normally find listed as "worth ct"?

and when you say "worth clear mediums," do these strings come in something other than "medium"? i just wouldn't want to get worth clear jumbo or something just due to my inexperience.

anyone try the d'addario pro arte strings on your sceptre?

Yes, Worth CT are mediums. The CT stands for clear tenor. You can also get them in low G if you prefer.

The strings that came on my Sceptre are the Worth Clears - Smiley included a fresh package with the instrument - it is indeed labeled "Clear CT 63inch", and has a Ko'Aloha logo on the front.

I haven't changed strings in the 10 days that I've had possession of the Sceptre, but the sounds is just luscious! Even when I'm strumming hard, it is simply wonderful.

-Kurt

just to clarify, is that what i would normally find listed as "worth ct"?

and when you say "worth clear mediums," do these strings come in something other than "medium"? i just wouldn't want to get worth clear jumbo or something just due to my inexperience.

anyone try the d'addario pro arte strings on your sceptre?

I have the D'addarios and like it better than the Koaloha stock strings. However, since they are hard tension, I believe they sound best played harder and then I get complaints from my family cuz it's really loud!! LOL

thanks for the feedback all! it seems like worth ct's are getting the nod. though the endorsement of jake & aldrine with the pro arte's is hard to overlook.

anyone else?

Get the Worth hard tension. I find it's way easier to play and has a better response.
The D'Addario's produce a really guitar-y sound and a rounder one but to my ears it's not as bright. Order two sets of both and see what you like better.

so worth clears come in different tensions?

meaning what exactly? will a hard tension require more finger force to push down to the fret? how will that affect the sound?

Top Bottom