PDA

View Full Version : Strumming pattern

Ko Bentjens
08-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi, i am a total noob to Ukulele, but I really like to play a couple of songs I've learned.

But the problem is, I cant figure out any strumming pattrens by myself. How do I see / hear what someone is playing?

another quick question, is there a site for Guitar Pro ukulele sheets?

Thanks in advance

buddhuu
08-28-2011, 09:27 AM
There are some good Youtube videos on strumming. Some of the people do an excellent job of explaining/demonstrating.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ukulele+strumming+patterns&aq=3&oq=ukulele+stru

philrab66
08-28-2011, 09:37 AM
I am having the same problem for the strumming. Best thing you can do for now is keep doing the DUDU for now I know its boring but just do that for a bit.
I have not found many Guitar Pro tabs, no site as such but people on here have Powertab tabs that you can use on guitar pro.

PhilUSAFRet
08-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Have to start out slow and master basic strumming. When learning new strums, I sometimes mute the strings and practice the strum while I'm watching TV. Some of us learn them quickly, others take more time...it takes as long as it takes. I was also one of those beginners that tried to progress too quickly. I had to slow down and master basics, commit chords to memory, etc. etc. The most important skill in learning to play uke well (and many other things in life) is PATIENCE!

3nails4holes
08-28-2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.ezfolk.com/uke/Tutorials/Strumming/strumming.html

these are very helpful to start with.

but then comes the really hard part: practice.

like the last post, it maybe boring and stuff, but you need to exhibit patience & keep practicing.

i had a guitar buddy who told me that he always taught his guitar students what to do with their right hand before he even did anything with the left. if you invest quality time in nailing these strumming patterns, your left hand skills will take care of themselves later on.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
08-29-2011, 05:04 AM
My advice is to always, ALWAYS work on strumming and rhythm LAST - that's AFTER you have mastered
the chords and practiced your chord changes until you can do so at regular tempo (plain UDUD strumming)
without looking at your fingers and without interrupting your UDUD. Also, if you can go throught the song's
chord progression from beginning to end at 4 strums each chord, then 3 strums, then 2 then just 1 strum
per chord! When you can do that, and after you have learned the lyrics (if you're also singing), then listen
to your favorite rendition of the song and try to copy, mimic what you hear. Take it slowly and in time,
with a lot of practice, you'll become satisfied with your progress.

Patience, and Practice does it.

keep uke'in',

Ko Bentjens
08-29-2011, 05:21 AM
thank you for the replies,
im already practising ^^