Mahogany soprano ukulele luthiers

fabioponta

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm looking for a luthier to make traditional mahogany soprano ukulele. The ones I found was Mike Dasilva, but he don't answer my emails from Brazil.
I have an Black Bear mahogany soprano, that was great, but I'm search for a diferent tone, a little more punch or loud.
Someone has a mahogany soprano from Mike Pereira to give info about? I've had the new Martin (S-O and S-1), but I was not impressed. I cannot test any vintage Martin for sale, and Collings not makes sopranos yet...

Maybe you know some lesser-known luthier who can help!

Hello everybody, I'm looking for a luthier to make traditional mahogany soprano ukulele. The ones I found was Mike Dasilva, but he don't answer my emails from Brazil.
I have an Black Bear mahogany soprano, that was great, but I'm search for a diferent tone, a little more punch or loud.
Someone has a mahogany soprano from Mike Pereira to give info about? I've had the new Martin (S-O and S-1), but I was not impressed. I cannot test any vintage Martin for sale, and Collings not makes sopranos yet...

You can ask Bradford (UU Name)...Well respected and he's made a vintage Kumulae before. He isn't tied to one mold, so he might be your answer.

Please check the Custom Builder's List and the 808 Builders List . . .

Thanks Kanaka916, I know this great list: now I found the email from Pete Howlett. I just opened this topic because I thought the opinion of our UU friends could optimize the search, since not all luthiers make sopranos traditional models, and not everyone who has this particular model has videos on youtube for a demo at least. Mahalo!

Joe Eckhaus of Earnest Instruments. I have one of Joe's mahogany concerts (Palomino). It's pretty darn punchy, loud, and nicely built. I assume his mahogany sopranos would be punchy too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom