PDA

View Full Version : with uploading a video please

kaizersoza
08-29-2011, 11:57 AM
hi guys, i have never uploaded a video before and i want to upload a video to commemorate playing the uke for 3 months which is on the 15th september, i have a webcam on my laptop and that is all i've got, any help, tips or suggestions on how to record and upload would be greatly appreciated thanx
kaizer

DAPuke
08-29-2011, 12:24 PM
I think most, myself included open a youtube acct. and upload there first then post the video direct from youtube into the forum post or a youtube link.

kaizersoza
08-29-2011, 12:41 PM
ok thanx DAPuke, do you just do it in the one hit or can you replay it to see if you make any mistakes and then re record it if you do?

DAPuke
08-31-2011, 06:59 AM
I think once you upload, it can't be re-done. I should have watched mine closer before uploading. For youtube they must be deleted and re-uploaded if you want to make a change.

fitncrafty
08-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Once the video is recorded, I think that is it. Without a camera direct to you tube is the best option I can think of. I believe you can edit them right in you tube as well.
Good luck I am looking forward hearing your video!

wolfybau
08-31-2011, 08:05 AM
you can record yourself first using video capture software
here is an article on the subject.

http://www.pcauthorities.com/multimedia/record-video-with-your-webcam/

I having tryed the software mentioned so I cant comment on that. But there many others out there Im sure. Check with the maker of your webcam, it may have come with software for it as well or you may be able to download it from their site. One you have a video , there are editing programs you cant use as well, they can be a bit of a learning curve too, especialy if you not experienced with editing, but the basic ones will let you do simple cut /paste and transitions etc.

best of luck with your video , congrats on you musical milestone :)

kaizersoza
08-31-2011, 11:53 AM
@DAPuke, ok thanx for the advice, i will d/load some video capture software as suggested by wolfybau and have a play with that as well, @fitncrafty just to pre warn you, i am not very good the main reason i am uploading is to gauge my progression and i hope to upload a song every 3 months, and also for friends to have a bit of a laugh at me including all you UUer's, you all deserve a bit of fun after all the questions i have posted lol, thanx for all the replies kaizer