Project feedback.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Upon wrapping up the Aphid prototype, and happy with the results. I will be building more Aphids soon. But also upon several requests, I am also going to add a 2nd option to Dük's mini ukes. And that will be a pineapple version of the Aphid, but will sport it's own project name. This one will be dubbed "Ladybug". So, wrapping up my 1st two builds (Aphid and the Steel String LP), I have builds 3 & 4 on the drafting table. A steel string Telecaster version very similar to the LP build, and the 'Mini" dubbed "Ladybug". The Ladybug will have the same dimensions as Aphid, the only difference being a "Pineapple". Here is the 1st body template. I would like feedback and find out if you like this body shape for Lady Bug.

P1050411.JPG

I hear ya. But there might be a couple reasons for that. The bottom is a little flatter I think. I might can round that out a bit more and take some of that optical illusion out. But, then again, I really don't want it to be like something else. I want it to be a version of something else.. Ya hear it all the time "ya made it your own" lol. I also want the bottom to be a bit wider for tone. As small as these are, I am trying to get as much useable soundboard out of the design as I can. The point of these minis, is to have a cool novelty, but still be fairly playable.. But, I will take a long look at it before I do any cutting, and take all feedback in consideration.

Last edited:
Well, as the Ladybugger's namer, I am looking forward to this lovely pineapple coming our way. I feel like an expectant uku mom. Thanks Tudorp!

Top Bottom