New member, New Uke

myrmidongs

Reaction score
Hello! Looking forward to these forums. I just pulled the trigger on a Kala KA-T, just waiting on the mailman. Heard about Ukes from another forum that had a Uke thread going (Something Awful), and it got me real interested. I've wanted to learn a stringed instrument for a long time, but acoustic guitars didn't interest me, and I don't have the money for electric (not to mention the fiancee wouldn't appreciate the noise). Uke seems like a perfect fit.

Welcome to Ukulele Underground! I had also wanted to learn a string instrument, but was also turned off by the guitar. I've only been learning for two months (wouldn't exactly call it playing yet), and I've already learned so much about music since then. And to think, I thought I was tone deaf and unrhythmic. The little uke proved me wrong.

Oh, and another tip that helped a ton- be sure to download Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp- it's really worth it for getting chord changes down.

Welcome to UU! :)

Greetings and welcome! Amen to downloading Uncle Rod's stuff.

Aloha myrmidongs!
E Komo Mai to the 'Ukulele Underground and to the 'ukulele. I would definitely recommend DL'ing Uncle Rod's Bootcamp for those just starting out into the uke world. Hope you enjoy your stay here and keep on strumming (when she arrives in the mail, that is!).

Mason671

Welcome to UU and the Wonderful World of Ukulele. Very good choice for a first ukulele too.

You're going to love the Kala. Welcome Myrmidongs!

Top Bottom