you know you've done it too

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
so, not even 5 minutes ago, i was at mgm's ebay, just "looking", and i saw the beautiful honu kanilea, and i drooled. my first thought was i need to sell some stuff and get this! then i started looking around again and noticed the eleuke with the inlay was about $200. i thought the same thing "i need to sell some stuff and get this!" then i moved to the multi-wood koaloha and well, you know.

you know you've done it too.

i dont even have anything to sell lol
but im always looking around and being like, "I NEEEEED THAT"
especially when I lose my UAS meds;)

I just keep looking and dreaming...

I have 15 things on my eBay watch list. 13 ukuleles, 1 ukulele kit and strings for the Ashbory.

Wow! you get up early. Going fishing?:D

Nope. Never. Not me. Not even once.

that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

lol i cant even do that. if someone accuses me of something nowadays i just say, "well....you caught me". strangely all i get blamed for is backing up the toilet and eating all the food(that has already been claimed and marked)

so, not even 5 minutes ago, i was at mgm's ebay, just "looking", and i saw the beautiful honu kanilea, and i drooled. my first thought was i need to sell some stuff and get this! then i started looking around again and noticed the eleuke with the inlay was about $200. i thought the same thing "i need to sell some stuff and get this!" then i moved to the multi-wood koaloha and well, you know.

you know you've done it too.

I know the feeling! I'm in the process of boxing up one of my prized posessions (a sailing sextant - weird I know) to sell on eBay to go towards my next uke. I think it's made worse by checking stuff every day, and the photos on the uke p*** post on the forum!

Doesn't he have some of the most gorgeous Kanileas! LOL You sure don't have to worry about me buying any of those out from under you at the moment..... But Yeah..... I need to mop up the drool off my keyboard. :love:

Yeah, I'm a dreamer too. I love looking at ukes. It's funny, cause I had a friend who always use to look at motorcycles online (I mean for hours...) And I thought that was soo lame, especially since he had a real life motorcycle in his garage.

Yet... I've sat down at the computer and looked at ukes for 2+ hours before, never mind that I've got one within arm's reach of my computer chair.

I don't tease my friend anymore...

I like finding the custom sites, they blow my mind. Then I drift off into what my perfect uke would look like.

I ordered a custom a couple months a go. I told the builder I didn't care what it looked like, I just wanted it to sound great.

Yeah I'd like to see them too. You're brave not caring what it looks like. What if it's bright pink and has 2 necks?

I don't think he would mind. I like my stuff to either look REALLY beat up and old, or REALLY pretty and clean looking. But in terms of ukes, it HAS to sound nice. It can be the prettiest looking ukulele ever seen, but if it sounds horrible I don't want it, I wouldn't even use it for display haha.

Yeah I'd like to see them too. You're brave not caring what it looks like. What if it's bright pink and has 2 necks?

Like Dane said, I wouldn't mind.

332620733.jpg

332620731.jpg

332620635.jpg

If you want to hear it, check out my ZZ Top video. I recorded Rough Boy, 2 hours after UPS delivered it to my door.

I spend way too much time looking at ukes and not enough time practicing. :uhoh: Does anyone know which custom builders accept kidneys in trades?

I believe you must trade both kidneys for a custom, which I don't think will be worth it in the long run. (You will be dead)

Deach I almost died, the vid was great. It sounds nice too!

Top Bottom