Pono MPTSH - Slothead Maple/Spruce Tenor - Interest Check<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD!! ---I'm in a spot where I need to raise some cash, so I am considering selling one of my ukes. Can't let go of my Kanile'a, so I'm shopping the Pono. I may list on ebay, but I thought I would check interest here first. Anyway, it is nearly new, just purchased retail back in early July. It's the MPTSH, which is maple body with a spruce top and slotted headstock. Comes with brand new archtop Koalau case, brand new Oasis ukulele humidifier, and is currently strung with low-G Worth Browns. This uke sounds and plays great. I played five different MPT's to finally pick this one out. It really has great depth, sustain, and clarity, and is nice and consistent up and down the fretboard. It is in excellent, near new condition and has been played gently. With the humidifier, tax, and everything, I am in for about $650. I would sell for $550 shipped (conus). If anyone is interested, please send a PM. I'll get some photos up here this evening. (Oh, and I am in MA, so if anyone is close enough to pick up, I'll knock another $25 off.)

Front w Sign.jpgFront Close-up.jpgBack.jpgBack Closeup.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very interested. Give me a call at 425-238-1568. I'm out in Seattle....so I can't pop over.

paul

A few more photos

Sorry for the delay with the photos. I didn't find time until it late tonight, but I wanted to make sure I got some good representative ones that show the detail. Also, I sat down and played it for a while, which was a mistake, because I nearly talked myself into keeping it. Can't do it though, so here it is.

Headstock Back.jpgheadstock.jpgLabel.jpgSide.jpg

And just a few more...

Last photos here. All photos I have posted in this thread are of the actual instrument that I am selling. This is a really nice uke that sounds superb. The grain isn't fancy or curly, but it is very nice wood, as I hope can be seen in the close-up photos. Please feel free to ask any questions. At this time, I would like to stay firm at $550 (shipped conus, UPS Ground). I am willing to use other shipping methods at additional cost. Please know, however, that I will package it very well for the trip and it will be insured for full purchase price.

Case.jpgIn Case.jpgSerial and Truss.jpgSide Close-up.jpg

Last edited:
This is a gloss finish. I don't think there is much choice on finish with Pono (at least not with their most recent line-up). I took the photos in my light tent, which is great for elimating glare since it diffuses the light. It definitely 'softens' the look a bit, which may be why the gloss finish is not immediately apparent, but I think it produces the most representative images. Thanks for your interest!

People, buy this. I have a Pono Maple/Spruce and it's insanely amazing, thick, loud, god. I can't say enough, best uke I've ever owned, easily.

I would LOVE to buy this but if I get any more ukes I'll have to sleep outside and winter is on its way...

Beautiful uke though!

Just wanted to update the UU community on another great transaction between members. I was the lucky dude who added this uke to my stable. It is indeed a fantastic instrument and one I'm going to enjoy for a long time. A few degree turn of the truss rod and the action was right where I like it. Although probably a nice option, I've come to see the truss rod as a big plus in the Pono/Ko'olau lineup. As far as looks, the pics tell the story and it really looks like the baby bro to a flamenco guitar I have.

I had the pleasure of being close enough to Steve to drive and pick it up in person. Always a plus to shake hands if possible, but also got to engage in the requisite 10 minute uke-nerd talk on everything from strings to South American luthiers. We are indeed a strange bunch.

Anyway, I just think it's important to let others know about successful sales between us as to keep at least an informal (and searchable) record within this great and trusting community and marketplace. Thanks again, Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom