New uke club! Also, Fluke or Lanikai Monkeypod?

Kazz3lrath

Reaction score
I (like the rest of you) love to play me some uke. As of late I have been playing a lot with musicians around campus and am actually in the process of founding a uke club. Should be pretty awesome.

I also have a question. I mostly play my Kala 8-string and my eleuke (both tenor) which are not the most normal ukes. As such, I was thinking of getting a decent tenor. After doing some research, I see that the fluke and the Lanikai Monkeypod are both within my price range. Which one would you guys suggest? Also, worths or aquilas?

A Fluke with Worth BMT. It´s portable and loud enough to be played in a crowd. Cool lookin´ too!

I (like the rest of you) love to play me some uke. As of late I have been playing a lot with musicians around campus and am actually in the process of founding a uke club. Should be pretty awesome.

I also have a question. I mostly play my Kala 8-string and my eleuke (both tenor) which are not the most normal ukes. As such, I was thinking of getting a decent tenor. After doing some research, I see that the fluke and the Lanikai Monkeypod are both within my price range. Which one would you guys suggest? Also, worths or aquilas?

What is your definition of normal? I'm intrigued...you don't count the 8 string as 'normal' but a Fluke is? Interesting...

Those are two very different ukes. In my opinion, the monkey pod sounds nicer, but is quieter and requires more attention (humidifier) because it is solid wood.

The Fluke is a great travel instrument, and is pretty loud. But, this is not a 'normal' uke. The plastic back and fretboard, and the paddle shape...do not equal 'normal' uke (at least to me).

Why no just play the 8 string?

I just like the word "monkeypod." Go ahead, say it out loud. Monkeypod! Isn't that fun? Like you broke open a peapod, and it was full of monkeys. Monkeypod!

Top Bottom