Used Makapili Hinoki Top Concert

thomas

Reaction score
For sale is a Used Makapili Hinoki Top Concert Ukulele.

Makapili Ukuleles are handmade by me in my workshop in Italy.

This one is made of 100% environmentally responsible woods.

It is made of:

Hinoki: Soundbboard and bracing (Driftwood Log)

Acacia Confusa: Back, Sides (Urban Tree Removal)

Spanish Cedar: Neck (FSC certified)

Indian Rosewood: Fretboard and bridge (Recycled bass fretboard) This Ukulele has a radiused fretboard

I San Shan: Headplate veneer (Driftwood Log)

Tuners are Grover open geared

Strings are Savarez Alliance

It will come with a padded gig bag.

I made this ukulele for myself about 2 years ago. I played it a lot in the beginning and it has significant strum marks to show it. It also has slight bellying, which is normal for very lightly built instruments, and is well within a range I feel is acceptable. I have since started playing my tenors alomost exclusively and this has just sat in its case. It is time for it to find a new home where it will be played.

I haven't made any instruments for sale lately, and I have only seen one Makapili come up for resale (the same instrument twice actually), so grab this one while you can.

Price is $350 plus shipping (the instrument is in Charleston, SC, USA), but including the gigbag.

My-Hinoki-Acaccia.jpg

My playing skills and recording equipment are really bad, but you can find some songs played with an almost identical instrument here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sheepstar15

(Hope you don't mind the link Anna, your playing and voice are on a different plane than mine.)

more pics and larger please,,

Derry

I have one (Thanks Chris!) and I'd love to have another to go with it - PM sent
Ed G
Lakebay Washington -
" -so pretty here - even the dead trees are green!"

I hope Thomas you won't consider this as hijacking your thread - but do you plan to build any new instruments ? I remember that koa tenor on your website, and it was awesome. Do you live in Europe now ?

This ukulele is sold.

Pawel, I just built a baritone ukulele and a Terz guitar for myself in August. I am in America right now, and going to Saudi Arabia next week for a year. I will definitley keep building instruments when I have time, but mostly for myself. I found that it just wasnt worth it financially to try to make them to sell. Maybe whenever I retire in 30-40 years I will be able to make a few more to sell as a hobby. That Koa Tenor you mentioned is great.

Take care,
Thomas

Since the instrument is sold, I'll close this thread by day's end . . . Thomas, I'm glad you decided to keep building. Good Luck in your journeys and I hope you keep in touch here and let us know how things are going.

Thomas if you ever decide to sell this Koa Tenor please let me know first :)
The Hinoki Top Makapili is the ukulele I still play the most (even though I bought myself a Keith Ogata Tenor I still find Makapili to be much better). I compared it to many good brand ukuleles and they are no match.

Good Luck Thomas - and I hope we will keep in touch.

Pawel

Hello Thomas

No, of course I don't mind you linking my vids. My Makapili pineapple is simply magnificent. I love it.

I'm glad you're still building instruments, if only for yourself. Good for you. In my VERY humble opinion, your ukes are fantastic.

Good luck with your time in Saudi.

Anna :)

Top Bottom