Clip on tuner = best thing ever

upskydowncloud

Reaction score
I know there's a rather long thread about this but I thought I'd start a new one to remind everyone to get one of these! I just used my Intelli IMT-500 clip on tuner to tune my uke and the difference is incredible. I used a normal chromatic tuner (a Korg one) before this and always thought I was playing in tune, how wrong I was, when I get the note right it actually sounds like it should.

I just thought I'd pass the message on that it's worth getting a clip on tuner over a normal chromatic one, it's definitely worth it.

John

I have the same tuner, and it's amazing. :D A lot better than trying to pick up the sound with a tiny microphone on a guitar tuner.

I have the same tuner, and it's amazing. :D A lot better than trying to pick up the sound with a tiny microphone on a guitar tuner.

Exactly! I'm really pleased with it, I should have bought one the first time round.

yea i keep mine on all the time. when im done using my uke for the day i just put it on my uke stand and the tuner always stays on. lol. works like a charm for me. the best thing about it is that it tunes on vibrations, not on sound. so i can talk and whatever while im tuning it lol.

I know there's a rather long thread about this but I thought I'd start a new one to remind everyone to get one of these! I just used my Intelli IMT-500 clip on tuner to tune my uke and the difference is incredible. I used a normal chromatic tuner (a Korg one) before this and always thought I was playing in tune, how wrong I was, when I get the note right it actually sounds like it should.

I just thought I'd pass the message on that it's worth getting a clip on tuner over a normal chromatic one, it's definitely worth it.

John

I've been using a FT-800 and I am beginning to wonder how accurate any of these tuners are.:confused:
Before I would just tune the open strings and be done. Now I find myself checking every note on every string which is driving me a little crazy because I'm breaking in a new set of strings. Especially when sometimes the open string is dead on but the higher frets are +20.:music:
Sometimes you can have too much information. I have an appreciation for accuracy but at my stage of practice if I didn't have a tuner I probably wouldn't know the difference at the higher frets. Just my opinion. (Of course they're neat and I'm glad I have one...urr..two.);)

So whats the big difference between the 2? It's vibration tuning vs sound tuning?

One of the nice things about the clip-on tuners is that other noises won't interfere with tuning.

When we use our Korg tuner, we usually plug it into the pick-up for the same reason; no extraneous noise.

Hmm, well lets talk clip on tuners then! :) What are some good clip ons and how much do they go for?

Check out this thread here: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4878

The IMT-500 I have seems to be excellent and was around $17 delivered via eBay. I live in England so it was about half price which was a good deal.

Compared to my Korg chromatic (non clip on) it's far superior. My uke teacher uses the same model and he seems pleased with it.

John

I also love the IMT-500, one problem though. I don't leave it clipped on because when I play, I can hear the buttons rattling. Anyone else notice this?

I also love the IMT-500, one problem though. I don't leave it clipped on because when I play, I can hear the buttons rattling. Anyone else notice this?

Sometimes...

im about to buy one myself and was wondering if anyone had a Kala tuner. I have a Kala uke and figured the Kala tuner would be good.

I much prefer the IMT-1000 - it's a little more money, but much easier to read (IMHO), especially in a dark venue. I got mine from Amazon for $22 - it's an Intelli Tuner, however it's marketed as a TuneTech TT-1000.
Both of our TT-1000's are perfectly in tune with eachother, although bought 6 months apart, and certainly are under different battery charges.
My band has gotten a LOT more smooth with a couple of these things around... especially with the number of instruments we have. Recommended!!!
john

Edit: Hey cool my first UU post!

I much prefer the IMT-1000 - it's a little more money, but much easier to read (IMHO), especially in a dark venue. I got mine from Amazon for $22 - it's an Intelli Tuner, however it's marketed as a TuneTech TT-1000.
Both of our TT-1000's are perfectly in tune with eachother, although bought 6 months apart, and certainly are under different battery charges.
My band has gotten a LOT more smooth with a couple of these things around... especially with the number of instruments we have. Recommended!!!
john

Edit: Hey cool my first UU post!

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll make many more.

Top Bottom