500 kilos of Hawaii

Kanaka916

Reaction score
Here's an article from the 6/11 edition of Swiss Magazine NZZ Folio entitled Over The Rainbow. Enjoy the read . . .

While the story is in kinda a German Pidgen, it's understandable for those of us that know his history pretty well. Living here, it's kind of hard to escape it.

I've seen the YouTube "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/Wonderful World" video in which someone's ashes (I presumed they were IZ's) were being scattered, but I've also seen a picture of a cemetary marker fro IZ. Does anyone know whether some of his ashes were scattered and some of his ashes were buried?

Israel Ka'ano'i Kamakawiwo'ole's ashes were scattered off M'kua Beach in Waianae. I think there is a gravesite at Hawaiian Memorial Park Cemetary in Kane'ohe. I don't know if a part of his remains are there.

Israel Ka'ano'i Kamakawiwo'ole's ashes were scattered off M'kua Beach in Waianae. I think there is a gravesite at Hawaiian Memorial Park Cemetary in Kane'ohe. I don't know if a part of his remains are there.

Mahalo for the information!

Mahalo Kanaka for the link. Such a sad ending to a great talent. I LOVE his music and listen to it all the time.

Top Bottom