PDA

View Full Version : New uke day tomorrow!

mandrew
08-31-2011, 02:55 AM
Well, I bit the bullet and orderd a new uke from Mike at Uke Republic; who, by the way, is really GREAT to deal with. He has Kala exotic mahogany instruments on sale, so I picked up a tenor, and it is speeding (speeding like a slug race) its way to me. It is supposed to be here by UPS tomorrow. I have been patiently (pacing. . .pacing. . .pacing. . .) waiting for it. Mike has great deals just now, so I suggest that you give him a buzz. It would make me feel better if I knew someone else was waiting too. (What are the chances that it will come a day early?)

roxhum
08-31-2011, 03:47 AM
It is possible... Oh come on, admit it, the wait just builds up tension and makes new uke day all the sweeter.

Trinimon
08-31-2011, 04:51 AM
YAY! Like Christmas! Conrgats!

GinnyT11
08-31-2011, 05:12 AM
My Keli'i soprano from UkeRepublic is scheduled to arrive here tomorrow, so yes, someone else is waiting!

I don't do heroin, but I wonder if this frantic expectation of the arrival a new uke, opening its shipping box, and holding it (one you picked because you loved it!) for the first time is the same sort of rush.

allanr
08-31-2011, 05:45 AM
My Keli'i soprano from UkeRepublic is scheduled to arrive here tomorrow, so yes, someone else is waiting!

I don't do heroin, but I wonder if this frantic expectation of the arrival a new uke, opening its shipping box, and holding it (one you picked because you loved it!) for the first time is the same sort of rush.

LOL. I was checking the UPS Tracker every 30 minutes until my new uke arrived. Even on the weekend when I knew there would be no activity!

coolhanduke
08-31-2011, 06:05 AM
Congrats on the new uke! I had one kala exotic flame mahoghany uke..loved it and I think you will too..strum it like there is no tomorrow!

mds725
08-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Congratulations on the new ukulele! I hope you'll post photos after you get it.