waaaaaaaw

uke142464

Reaction score
so, a couple of weeks ago my dad said that he saw a bunch of pineapple ukuleles at sam ash. and today I went to check them out, turns out they werent pineapple ukes, they were flukes and fleas (a whole wall of them).
I picked up a fluke with my prejudices about them and found out that I was soooooo wrong. THESE THINGS ARE SICK!!! they sound soo cool. they are so mellow and have a wonderful tone. and now im looking into getting a tenor fluke because I just got hooked, I just with the neck wasnt so thick, but other than that they are amaing. and I actually like the plastic fretboard better than the rosewood (I tried both) but yea thought I might as well tell you guys:D

See, I had the opposite experience. I picked up a soprano flea, strummed down once, made an ugly face, put it down and walked away. Granted- it was horribly out of tune but even so, it just sounded way to... tinny/plinky to my ears.

I have been wondering if I should give them another shot, though, after hearing pretty much nothing but good things about them. I mean the yucko sound could have been the cheapo strings on it plus the fact that it was sooo out of tune the strings were loose.

So... if anyone wants to, you know, send me one to help change my mind- pm me and I'll give you my shipping address...:D

i have the largest collection of ukuleles within 500 miles of my house. the closest thing i have to a ukulelel shop is a banjo store. a whole wall of flukes and fleas!!!!!?!?! i would eat a puppy to see a whole wall of ukes....in real person of course.......awe no now i have to go hug my dog. :(

I totally want a fluke concert. I've always thought they were so cute and definitely by the looks of them are totally durable and would survive a drop (not that i would intentionally drop a uke) and if you turn it around you can have a weapon or a racquet!! A whole wall... gosh I'm totally missing out. Your lucky to find a few in stock in the music stores here in Winnipeg never a whole wall!! I'd love to try a fluke or a flea out!!:eek:

Haha, seee!? What'd I tell you!?? :D

I've been a longstanding proponent of Fluke ukuleles. They may look terrible and many of them have ridiculous make-up jobs, but in spite of all that, their sound will impress the average listener.

Plus, you'll never need a stand, which is awesome if you play on stage, or teach, or just want your ukulele near you while you sit at the computer. You can set it down anywhere. The plastic back makes them durable, so even if you knock it over (which I happen to do, on average, at least once a week) it will take the beating, then roll over and smile at you as if you just did it a favor. And the best part, imho, is that the plastic back makes for a wide array of percussive sounds.

Hope you do end up getting one. For me, at least, it was a purchase that returned itself many times over.

See, I had the opposite experience. I picked up a soprano flea, strummed down once, made an ugly face, put it down and walked away. Granted- it was horribly out of tune but even so, it just sounded way to... tinny/plinky to my ears.

I have been wondering if I should give them another shot, though, after hearing pretty much nothing but good things about them. I mean the yucko sound could have been the cheapo strings on it plus the fact that it was sooo out of tune the strings were loose.

So... if anyone wants to, you know, send me one to help change my mind- pm me and I'll give you my shipping address...:D

they had soprano fleas and the sound quality of them was no where near the flukes, try a fluke they rock

deach that adelle uke was so amazing, you inspire me to be like you.
parent- "so will what do you want to be when you grow up"
will- "deach"
parent thinks- "what the hell?":confused:
:D:D

deach that adelle uke was so amazing, you inspire me to be like you.
parent- "so will what do you want to be when you grow up"
will- "deach"
parent thinks- "what the hell?":confused:
:D:D

I'm thinking - "what the hell?" :confused:

Be better than me and most importantly, be yourself. That what I tell my kids.

Oh and thanks for the comment about the Adelle Fluke.

I'm thinking - "what the hell?" :confused:

Be better than me and most importantly, be yourself. That what I tell my kids.

Oh and thanks for the comment about the Adelle Fluke.

*At the mall, when Santa is around...*

"What do you want for x-mas little boy?"

"I want to be deached!!"

"Uh.... What?"

Top Bottom