my first public ukulele video

cent

Reaction score
hello ukulele underground,

it has been quite a while since i've posted anything. i am more of a lurker than a poster. however, i am super proud of the small role i played in the video and i wanted to share it with the wonderful people here.

here are some things that you might want to know about the video:
  • the video was recorded in south america
  • i'm the guy on the left but the people who recorded the video heard the word "zent"
  • the ukulele is strung right handed but i play either backwards or upside down depending on how you interpret things (also one of the reasons that i cannot give much advice on playing techniques)
  • i'm playing a kiwaya ksl 2, if you're looking at getting one, the only thing i can say is that i like mine
  • this was a live recording so there weren't an unlimited amount of takes, sorry for the mess ups
  • if you're at all curious, i used the pinky mute to get the reggae sound (click this link http://ukuleleunderground.com/2008/07/uke-minutes-20-pinky-mute/ for the uke minute that teaches the technique
  • i had nothing to do with the editing or realization of the video so i am truly sorry that i cannot give any details as to how it was done

i hope you guys enjoy it and thanks so much for watching.

Hi! I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your video very much :) You should keep on posting, it's not every day I get to hear this type of music. I'd love to see what else you've got up your sleeve :) Thank you for sharing!

Good job, Cent! I liked your video! At times, the swaying of the cable car made me dizzy though! :) It sure looked like you were having fun with it!

that was a great vid. Sounded like fun playing and I enjoyed seeing the aerial shots!

bravo I like this type of music, please do keep posting new videos!

Very cool video. Thank you for posting. NIce uke.

Great video. What's the story behind the video? I'd like to hear how you came to find yourself filming a video on a gondola in South America, it sounds like it'd be an interesting story. I haven't traveled much so I try to live vicariously :D Thank you for posting.

Top Bottom