Radiohead- No Surprises

DoctorFinlay

Reaction score
Please let me know what you think of my latest attempt to butcher a classic. It was great to use my new 8 string!

It's a very pleasant cover, the 8-strings uke sounds fine to my ears and you're very far from the butcher attempt you promised !

Agreed..... nice job on a good tune. My local music store just got a new display of decent ukes - noticed a pretty nice looking 8 string on the rack..... after hearing this, I might need to check it out a little more closely.....

It's a very pleasant cover, the 8-strings uke sounds fine to my ears and you're very far from the butcher attempt you promised !

I really enjoyed this one, it's quite a common cover on the uke but you really did it justice. Not at all butchered! The 8 string sounds great too!

I want my money back! I came to hear butchering and instead got a beautifully played and sung rendition of one of my favourite songs. Disgraceful....

I agree with all of the above, if your a butcher, you must be a master butcher, well done mate.

Agreed..... nice job on a good tune. My local music store just got a new display of decent ukes - noticed a pretty nice looking 8 string on the rack..... after hearing this, I might need to check it out a little more closely.....

Thank you all - I felt that it was criminal to cover this song and therefore felt it was being butchered. I am however happy with how it turned out!

@23skidoo - I absolutely love my 8 string, it is a very versatile instrument, plus it justifies UAS in that you can say to yourself "hmmm, all my ukuleles only have 4 strings, I really should get an 8-string. I deserve it."

Fin

Nice.

I can only see 7 strings. Is one of the C strings missing during this video, or is it some kind of unseen deadly ninja string? :)

Nice.

I can only see 7 strings. Is one of the C strings missing during this video, or is it some kind of unseen deadly ninja string? :)

It's there- the first of the C strings is almost transparent! I certainly hope it isn't a deadly ninja string, I've heard they can be troublesome.

Top Bottom