PDA

View Full Version : Time for some Reggae!

TCK
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Got the chunking bug tonight, and came up with this.
Old Skinhead Reggae tune (if you are unsure- just ask), The Kingstonians Sufferer from my favorite record of all time. Also the only tune I have just sat down and done, no lyric sheet, no lead sheet...no need to figure it out.
Anyway- was going to be multi instrument, but I canned all that for the stripped down version because it sounded the best.
Hope ya dig it.
Cheers
Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U1CAigWTRM

UkuEroll
09-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Let me be then first one to say...Well done, love the sound of the Uke, is it a supaninio?

fitncrafty
09-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Dave that was total awesomeness!!! Loved the video editing, what did you use? I am trying to edit the full vidoe with the blooper reel...
Again great job on the playing, singing and the video..

23skidoo
09-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Awesome, Dave! Great stuff, man... I've always dug the old school ska and rocksteady stuff and you did a great job on the tune. Kept waiting for the lovely Mrs. Dave - or even one of the dogs - to start singing...... nice moves, by the way - way to shake the old moneymaker..... delightful stuff, truly....

Trinimon
09-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Nicely done!

DAPuke
09-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Ya Mon! you don't do enough reggae:)

TCK
09-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Hahaha- Glad you all enjoyed it! Had so much fun playing this tune.
@UkeErolle- it is a Kala Lacewood Soprano. I have developed this thing on it the sounds great (to me) because Mike did such an awesome job setting it up. I drag the finger on the A string when I am chording- you can here the little swing notes singing and they make me smile. I also play the crap out of it to get all it's voice. It is a little less brittle and ringy than my Maple, an little brighter than my Mahogany.
@Skidoo- Melissa and the dogs informed me pre-edit that they were only here for the dancing and the beer :).As you know, this music is my truest love - definitely be figuring out more soon.
@FitnCrafty- I use a Flip video and throw it into Adobe Premier Elements. It is a lousy interface for newbies (hard to figure out) but I like what I can do with it for now. The Real editor BOSS on this forum is Skidoo- he has a ton of talent there.
@Trinimon- thank you!
and DAP- more to come...need a real singer to do some Heptones tunes- you in? :)

Trinimon
09-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah mon! I don tink yuh shud bring on some Bob... Marley dat is! :)

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah Dave. Just awesome mate and those words have got hold of me now and won't let me go.

Nice film of your two sidekicks too mate, gave it a warm, fuzzy vibe and gave me some sweet ol chicken skin here. Another great vid from Cloverdale...

TCK
09-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Thanks mate- glad you dug it...A great old tune for sure- the original is on Youtube. One of my favorites

ukulefty
09-04-2011, 07:08 AM
That was top stuff matey! :)

Canoe Lady
09-04-2011, 07:55 AM
I love it. Now where'd I put that lime :)

TCK
09-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the comments folks :)