Time for some Reggae!

TCK

Reaction score
Got the chunking bug tonight, and came up with this.
Old Skinhead Reggae tune (if you are unsure- just ask), The Kingstonians Sufferer from my favorite record of all time. Also the only tune I have just sat down and done, no lyric sheet, no lead sheet...no need to figure it out.
Anyway- was going to be multi instrument, but I canned all that for the stripped down version because it sounded the best.
Hope ya dig it.
Cheers
Dave

Dave that was total awesomeness!!! Loved the video editing, what did you use? I am trying to edit the full vidoe with the blooper reel...
Again great job on the playing, singing and the video..

Awesome, Dave! Great stuff, man... I've always dug the old school ska and rocksteady stuff and you did a great job on the tune. Kept waiting for the lovely Mrs. Dave - or even one of the dogs - to start singing...... nice moves, by the way - way to shake the old moneymaker..... delightful stuff, truly....

Ya Mon! you don't do enough reggae:)

Hahaha- Glad you all enjoyed it! Had so much fun playing this tune.
@UkeErolle- it is a Kala Lacewood Soprano. I have developed this thing on it the sounds great (to me) because Mike did such an awesome job setting it up. I drag the finger on the A string when I am chording- you can here the little swing notes singing and they make me smile. I also play the crap out of it to get all it's voice. It is a little less brittle and ringy than my Maple, an little brighter than my Mahogany.
@Skidoo- Melissa and the dogs informed me pre-edit that they were only here for the dancing and the beer :).As you know, this music is my truest love - definitely be figuring out more soon.
@FitnCrafty- I use a Flip video and throw it into Adobe Premier Elements. It is a lousy interface for newbies (hard to figure out) but I like what I can do with it for now. The Real editor BOSS on this forum is Skidoo- he has a ton of talent there.
@Trinimon- thank you!
and DAP- more to come...need a real singer to do some Heptones tunes- you in? :)

Yeah Dave. Just awesome mate and those words have got hold of me now and won't let me go.

Nice film of your two sidekicks too mate, gave it a warm, fuzzy vibe and gave me some sweet ol chicken skin here. Another great vid from Cloverdale...

Thanks mate- glad you dug it...A great old tune for sure- the original is on Youtube. One of my favorites

I love it. Now where'd I put that lime :)

Top Bottom