Double Tenor Gig Bag

Dominator

Reaction score
Does anybody have one of the Uke Krazy Kala double Tenor gig bags? I need to know whether my self made tenors will fit. They fit in the Kala hard shell cases no problem. I’ve left messages with the Service Dept at Kala with no response. My ukes measure 27 7/8” from tip of headstock to the endpin jack.

If anyone has one and could measure to see if my ukes will fit I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,

Dom,
I'll have mine with me at the Napa Festival. If you are going again this year you can test it with your ukes.

Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the Wine Country Festival this year. Going to be hob knobbing with Sammy Hagar that weekend. I need the case for my travels to Milwaukee on the 27th.

Hopefully I will get a response from Kala soon.

Does anybody have one of the Uke Krazy Kala double Tenor gig bags? I need to know whether my self made tenors will fit. They fit in the Kala hard shell cases no problem. I’ve left messages with the Service Dept at Kala with no response. My ukes measure 27 7/8” from tip of headstock to the endpin jack.

If anyone has one and could measure to see if my ukes will fit I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,

Hey Dominator - I have one of those bags coming tomorrow. I'll measure some ukes and see what the bag will hold once it gets here. Its coming Ground so it might not get here til afternoon but I'll post once it arrives.

Thanks marymac. That's great. I hope they fit. Like I said, they fit the hard shell case just fine.

If they fit in the hard case, it should be ok.
I have an Ohana 5 string that is a bit longer than my other tenors. It just fits in the hard case.
It fits snuggly in the double bag, but the headstock does touch the top of the bag. My concern would be if both ukuleles would make it difficult to zip around the head stocks.
They are great bags. It looks like the Ohana is 27 3/4 long so you might have enough space.
Too bad about WCUF, you will be missed.

If they fit in the hard case, it should be ok.
I have an Ohana 5 string that is a bit longer than my other tenors. It just fits in the hard case.
It fits snuggly in the double bag, but the headstock does touch the top of the bag. My concern would be if both ukuleles would make it difficult to zip around the head stocks.
They are great bags. It looks like the Ohana is 27 3/4 long so you might have enough space.
Too bad about WCUF, you will be missed.

Dominator - you'll have to use SailingUke's info here. Looks like mine won't arrive until next Tuesday. Sorry! Any reply from Kala yet?

Dominator - you'll have to use SailingUke's info here. Looks like mine won't arrive until next Tuesday. Sorry! Any reply from Kala yet?

No, nothing from Kala but I did received an email from someone who has one and he says my ukes will fit snuggly without forcing them in. I have one that is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I will post my thoughts on how it works out after I receive the case.

Hi Dom, My 6 string white label is 27 1/4 in and is snug in the Kala double tenor gig bag. I would be uncomfortable trying to fit anything longer. You will just have to try it.

Thanks in advance,

Quite snug - concerned it may possible affect the finish over time.

Last edited:
I have one. My Kala acacia tenor fits snugly, and the top of the headstock touches the bag. Maybe this is good, as the snugness holds the uke in place (I haven't tried two ukes at once), but when I first got it I thought maybe that I'd been sent a concert size by mistake.

Can anyone supply a link for these I'm intrigued. I have a kala Acacia tenor and a mainland tenor but with pickups and could do with a double gig bag

My double tenor bag arrived today. As I said, my ukes are long at 27 7/8" but they do fit in the bag. They fit a little more snug than I would prefer but I don't think there will be a problem with wearing of the finish on the headstocks. Time will tell.

My double tenor bag arrived today. As I said, my ukes are long at 27 7/8" but they do fit in the bag. They fit a little more snug than I would prefer but I don't think there will be a problem with wearing of the finish on the headstocks. Time will tell.

Great! Glad to hear that they fit. Maybe you have other cases to keep them in at home so the wearing is kept to a minimum?

Great! Glad to hear that they fit. Maybe you have other cases to keep them in at home so the wearing is kept to a minimum?
Yep, I have other cases. I just needed the double bag for my flight back to Milwaukee in a couple of weeks.

That's why I got mine too - to carry 2 ukes to the Wine Country Festival without having to carry 2 bags. Mine came in the mail today too. I like the case but I've put it outside to air out - it's kind if stinky.

I like the case but I've put it outside to air out - it's kind if stinky.

Mine doesn't smell at all. I think mine has been sitting at the Aloha Warehouse for a while so it must have got aired out.

Kala just returned my phone call also just a few minutes ago. He apologized for not getting back to me sooner but this ever growing ukulele popularity has got them humping.

Ok, gig bag smells a lot better this afternoon after sitting outside for a day. And the good news is that my gypsy-style tenor fits in the top compartment. It has a huge lower bout (11 3/8") so it's tight but it works. No way the bottom compartment would zip with this in there. But I'm planning to put a concert in that compartment anyway so the whole thing will work perfectly. (I tried a normal sized tenor in the bottom and that worked fine too - just my monster tenor that doesn't fit there). Awesome bag! So glad it got here in time to take it on my trip.

Top Bottom