3 uke week & new uke day....almost

kenikas

Reaction score
Crap!! Had to work this morning and I missed UPS by about an hour, and he has my Kamaka Gold Label Pineapple! I've been watching the tracking ever since Christine emailed me that Kamaka had sent it after a complete referb...MAN I'm Bummed! But I think I can pick it up at the depot this evening so it wont have to spend another day cruising around town in the brown van. This will be my 3rd uke this week and they're definitely very different, my brother in law picked up a cheap Woodstock at a garage sale last weekend and gave it to me to fix up. I like to fiddle around with cheap ukes, get them at least playable and give them to kids that show an interest. I also got my Eleuke Peanut from Mim earlier in the week but I'm in the middle of changing jobs so I haven't had much chance to play around with it yet. Hopefully this will be a slow weekend so I can play with my new little friends:)

Aloha Kenikas,
Congrats on the ukes, wow, three in one week! Enjoy them, I know you will.........................BO......................

WOW!......I picked up my pineapple today on the way home from the airport and all I can say is WOW! Kamaka did a wonderful job on it, and I looks almost brand new. The new top is beautiful, slightly lighter than the old wood but a very nice match. The back, sides and neck look so much better with a good cleaning and finish and the headstock turned out perfect. And it plays great!! I can't believe the sustain in this little buggah. And I can't believe the deal they gave me on the case. I couldn't be happier, a great big mahalo nui loa to Tekla, Christine, and all the repair folks at Kamaka.

Top Bottom