Trade my Ohana CK-35G for your Soprano?

sbpark

Reaction score
I currently own 2 concerts, one of them being the Ohana CK-35G that's in the pictures below. I really like this uke, but am jonesing for a sporano and my other concert is a Koaloha that is a keeper. Anyone interested in trading their soprano for my Ohana? IT's strung with new Worth Brown Mediums and has a handmade vintage bone saddle (the stock bone saddle was a little loose in the bridge so i had a new one made for it and it has also had a full set up and plays very nice.

Looking for something similar in value; a SK-35, SK-38 (this is what I'd really like to get and would throw a few extra $$ your way for one of these), Mainland mahogany or red cedar soprano, etc.

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

Last edited:
Mele solid mahogany soprano

Would this work?

Attachments

• thumb_32672-mele_heel.jpg
    thumb_32672-mele_heel.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 248
  • thumb_33872-mele_front.jpg
    thumb_33872-mele_front.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 249
  • thumb_98829-mele_case.jpg
    thumb_98829-mele_case.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 247
  • thumb_18078-mele_back.jpg
    thumb_18078-mele_back.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 246
can see what it is. the pictures are very small.

I think its a mele mahogany soprano.

Edit: and my assumption is confirmed by the title on his post.

I was amazed I figured out how to post the little ones, really not sure how to enlarge and post. I suspect you want something newer and shinier.

not necessarily. i actually kind of prefer a satin finish, and i dont care if it's newer or older. would just be nice to see some larger pictures! those are tiny!

Well, I almost pulled the trigger and PMed ya. I have a satin SK-35 I was thinking about swapping ya because I don't play it much anymore. But, after thinking about it, I have a few concerts, and my SK-35 is my only soprano left (not counting the sopranino).. So.. dunno.. Still thinking..

I very very much love concerts, and I have a soprano - a Kala Thinline - that I've been trying to hand to a loving home for some time. I have no idea if that's what you like, but it really is a lovely darling. I have pics here, though I don't have the talent to show just how lovely it is. Thanks!

I have an Ohana CP-70R and a Ohana Soporinino. ohana calls the CP-70R a concert, but it's not really a concert.

IMG_0998.jpgIMG_1007.jpg

IMAG0044.jpgIMAG0043.jpgI have a Lanikai LFM-S. It may not be what what you're looking for, but it's a really great uke.

Ah! Here are photos of my offering, though my skills are too weak to show how lovely it is:

I very very much love concerts, and I have a soprano - a Kala Thinline - that I've been trying to hand to a loving home for some time. I have no idea if that's what you like, but it really is a lovely darling. I have pics here, though I don't have the talent to show just how lovely it is. Thanks!

thank you for the offer, but i am just not a Kala fan. i've never come across one that impressed me.

probably should just clarify a little bit more, really looking for a solid mahogany soprano and would consider a cedar top as well. not looking for a laminate, travel, vita, or spruce uke. thank you everyone though for your offers.

PM'd you a couple of days ago. Check for pix. Mainland sop mahogany satin.

anyone else interested? have not had an offer that interest me yet, but appreciate everyone's replies/offers so far!

I have one of those little guys (lanikai flame maple soprano) too! :) Beautiful to look at, nice projection, built like a tonka truck and goes everywhere with me, have uke will travel:) Might want to hang on to that one, shortly if not already, they won't be making them anymore:) Aloha, happy strumming!

Last edited:
Top Bottom