problems making video on laptop

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
Just got a sony vaio and i'm trying to make a video but everything seems to record somewhat slower than real time. Is there something wrong with my brand new expensive laptop or is this the norm? Thanks. I'm using the built in camera on the laptop.

you could try inquiring at the manufactures website, if they have a support page that adresses the issue, or even a users forum or group for your particular product. hope you get it sorted.

Video is a resource hog. Make sure you don't have anything else running. You should probably reboot right before you try to record, too.

Video is a resource hog. Make sure you don't have anything else running. You should probably reboot right before you try to record, too.

thats a good point. often there are these programs that run silently in the background like update services and things, often installed along with other software, that can whittle away at your resources. Also non esential add ons. yu can bring up 'Task manager' to see what your PCs PCU and memory usage by hiting ctrl/alt/del and look under the tab 'processess' that will show you all the stuff curently running.

I'm using Windows Live movie maker on a Sony Vaio. Everything seems a little slow and if I move quick it comes out blurry.
I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the built in camera or am I expecting too much?

Top Bottom