PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Quality Issues

eleukeusa
09-02-2011, 08:28 AM
We've made the following statement about the most recent shipment of Peanuts on our site here. (http://www.eleukeusa.com/warranty/peanut-quality-issue-statement.html)

Its come to our attention that a few of the Peanut models have some issues that effect their playability. These issues have not affected all Peanuts, so your Eleuke is most likely fine. Because of this, we are asking that people who have experienced problems with their Peanut Eleukes please make a warranty claim at http://www.eleukeusa.com/warranty.html

There will be some delay while we try to solve these problems on these instruments.

It is our intention for everyone who purchases an Eleuke to receive a quality instrument that they can enjoy. We hope that our customers and dealers recognize this while they wait for the Peanut issues to be resolved.

We are truly sorry for the frustration caused by these issues and are working to rectify them as quickly as possible.
Mim purchased the entire first run of these and we've been working closely with her to try to make this right. It sucks when something like this happens and its outside of our control, so we felt the best thing to do was to take them back from her and fix or replace them.

I know many of you have been waiting for these for a while and I hate to have you wait longer, but we think its better to wait for a good uke then get a faulty one quickly.

I want those of you that have received ukes from Mim to know that she spends a TON of time on them before she sends them out, so it is extremely likely that she fixed whatever issues there may or may not have been on the Peanuts she's already sent. So, please don't return ukes to her unless there is an actual problem. This is Eleuke's fault and shouldn't in any way reflect poorly on Eleuke dealers.

WhenDogsSing
09-02-2011, 08:35 AM
We've made the following statement about the most recent shipment of Peanuts on our site here. (http://www.eleukeusa.com/warranty/peanut-quality-issue-statement.html)

Mim purchased the entire first run of these and we've been working closely with her to try to make this right. It sucks when something like this happens and its outside of our control, so we felt the best thing to do was to take them back from her and fix or replace them.

I know many of you have been waiting for these for a while and I hate to have you wait longer, but we think its better to wait for a good uke then get a faulty one quickly.

I want those of you that have received ukes from Mim to know that she spends a TON of time on them before she sends them out, so it is extremely likely that she fixed whatever issues there may or may not have been on the Peanuts she's already sent. So, please don't return ukes to her unless there is an actual problem. This is Eleuke's fault and shouldn't in any way reflect poorly on Eleuke dealers.

Begs the question, what were the issues?

mds725
09-02-2011, 09:04 AM
This is Eleuke's fault and shouldn't in any way reflect poorly on Eleuke dealers.

Mim canceled my Peanut order and refunded my payment because she said that although only some of the Peanuts might have problems, she didn't want to sell any of the Peanuts until those problems were resolved. I think this reflects really well on her integrity as both an ukulele seller and an Eleuke dealer. It would have been easy enough for her to send me a Peanut and hope for the best, but I think it demonstrates how much she values her reputation and her customers that once she was made aware of the issue, she became uncomfortable sending any of the Peanuts out, even though it's probable that most of them are fine. Apparently the problem is with the electronics, although I don't know any of the details.

Aiki Uke
09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Is there something current Peanut owners can test? Or would the defect be so glaringly obvious? Is it electrical? I haven't had a chance to test the 1/4" jack (i only have a Honeytone mini amp and no 9v batteries in the house lol) or the mp3 input on my Peanut yet. The headphone jack seem to work.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
09-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Thank you Eleuke and Mim for the way you are handling this issue.

Transparency in business! what a concept!

It's so nice to have the 'niceness' of UU exemplified in these kinds of situations!

Kudos to all involved.

Hey ist's want the ohana does - take care of each other so no one gets hurt!

Mahalo, and keep uke'in',

eleukeusa
09-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Its pretty obvious what the problems are if they're present. I like the transparency because the other options are kinda shady.

Kem
09-02-2011, 11:32 AM
My Peanut arrived about fifteen minutes ago, and it seems fine so far. Granted, I've tried it only with the Honeytone; I'll leave the headphones for later. Electrical instruments create odd impulses. I found myself cranking up the distortion and then accidentally rocking out to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." It may, at this point, become evident that I have spent the past week entertaining a three-year-old.

I hope I won't need to return the Peanut. It had to cross a border to get here. Poor little thing. Thank you, Eleuke people, for the transparency.

kenikas
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I got my Peanut from Mim about the first of the week, but with a job change and a couple of dozen other things going on I haven't had a chance to do much with it. My first impression was it feels great to hold and seems well balanced, it actually is easier to hold (for me anyway) than my other soprano's especially standing. And it sounds pretty good through my Honeytone, but haven't had time to try it through the Micro Cube yet. With a 50-50 chance, of coarse I plugged the MP3 cord in to the wrong hole at first, but straightened that out soon enough and it seems to work OK, I haven't had time to try out the headphone jack.
There are a couple of QC things that I had questions about and PM'd Mim about them, but I'll wait to hear back from her before doing anything.
I'm also hoping I won't have to return it, haven't had any time to bond with it yet!

haolejohn
09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Begs the question, what were the issues?
They turn into robots and eat people.

chindog
09-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Its pretty obvious what the problems are if they're present. I like the transparency because the other options are kinda shady.

Well, I haven't run across any issues with mine. I am very pleased with the playability, and it sounds good both through headphones, and plugged into an amp with the 1/4" plug. The auxiliary input for the mp3 or other audio connection works fine. I do wish I knew what the issue is, though.

chindog
09-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Come to think of it, I haven't seen the cat in a couple of days.

(j/k, I don't even have a cat.)

WhenDogsSing
09-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Hee! Hee! Hee! I guess I'm just an inquisitive type...I have much respect to both Mim and Eleukes and hope they can resolve their current QC issues with minimal problems...!!! And to Chindog, I haven't seen my cat either for a while...Hmmm...???

Doc_J
09-02-2011, 02:45 PM
My Eleuke Peanut arrived from Mim today. It is a fantastic sounding little uke. I haven't noticed any quality issues. It was very nicely setup.

This is my first electric, and I was really amazed with the sound quality throught my ear buds. Haven't plugged it in to the amp yet. The intonation is great too.

It is a great value for the money, in my opinion.

Kem
09-02-2011, 03:23 PM
My Eleuke Peanut arrive from Mim today. It is a fantastic sounding little uke. I haven't noticed any quality issues. It was very nicely setup.

This is my first electric, and I was really amazed with the sound quality throught my ear buds. Haven't plugged it in to the amp yet. The intonation is great too.

It is a great value for the money, in my opinion.

I've noticed the intonation being a teeny bit off. Admittedly, I tend to be unhappy about the intonation on most of the instruments I play. People who want their senses of pitch to be better developed should be careful what they wish for.

ckellogg
09-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I've had my Peanut since Monday. I've only used it with headphones, which seems fine, although the 2nd string (E) seems super quiet compared to the other 3, no matter where I set the non-volume button. What is that called, anyway? Treble/Bass button? It's my first electric, so I'm not sure what to expect, and I am a uku noob so it may be my lack of skill showing. I don't (yet) own an amp so no such testing done there. I tried to hook it up to play thru my Mac speakers, but have failed so far. It didn't come with any instructions, so I don't know how to use the MP3 part, but I guess I'll figure that out some day. Working with Mim has been a real pleasure, and I sure hope the Peanut issues aren't driving her, um, nuts.

Paul December
09-02-2011, 06:23 PM

I'd feel a lot better if this transparency would include actually disclosing the problem. ;)

I just got mine and really like it ... but do notice the G & A strings are amplified noticeably less than the C & E strings.
So for me, I'd like to know if that is the problem, and if not, what I can do to even-out the loudness. :confused:

Kristi.G
09-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I agree. Mine seems OK though, and since I know Mim tested it before sending, I'm not worried, since it sounds like the issue is something that would jump out at us. I would still like to know though, since that's just the way I am LOL.

haolejohn
09-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Come to think of it, I haven't seen the cat in a couple of days.

(j/k, I don't even have a cat.)

Nope. That was just Mike Hu.

SuzukHammer
09-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I was hoping Mim would send those nuts cause I ordered 3 for travelling. I could have lived with 1 out of 3 being a dog.

Mim
09-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I am in the mountains. My whole family is here. All I have is my phone. I will post more on this when I can type with both hands. Anyone who thinks there might be a defect, however small, please email me at mimontheuke@aol.com and I will answer you on Monday and we will get refunds and return labels worked out. Hope to have everything resolved by Tuesday. But please know we will take care of you and the next peanut order will be much improved.

Tack
09-03-2011, 02:04 AM
I am in the mountains. My whole family is here. All I have is my phone. I will post more on this when I can type with both hands. Anyone who thinks there might be a defect, however small, please email me at mimontheuke@aol.com and I will answer you on Monday and we will get refunds and return labels worked out. Hope to have everything resolved by Tuesday. But please know we will take care of you and the next peanut order will be much improved.

and THIS ladies and gentlemen, is why you buy from a reputable vendor. Mim's reputation officially remains awesome :D

Doc_J
09-03-2011, 03:52 AM
.....but do notice the G & A strings are amplified noticeably less than the C & E strings.
So for me, I'd like to know if that is the problem, and if not, what I can do to even-out the loudness. :confused:

........the 2nd string (E) seems super quiet compared to the other 3, no matter where I set the non-volume button. ....

Hmm.... All the strings on my Peanut sound very uniform in their loudness. Loudness potentiometer works well across all strings. Maybe that is the issue.

WhenDogsSing
09-03-2011, 05:38 AM

You're to be commended for bringing the existence of issues out front both in a public forum and on your web site and for working with Mim to make things right. But I don't see any transparency by your refusal to state what the issues are.

KentSantaBarbara
09-03-2011, 05:49 AM
I don't know what the problem is either but here's my story, i received my long awaited Peanut last week, Mim mailed it out and it got to me very quickly. Mim is wonderful. This is my first time dealing with her, and i can not say enough good things about her, she is wonderful, she really cares about your ukulele and giving you customer confidence, BUY FROM MIM, you will not regret it, if you are looking to purchase a uke then look at her uke's first. My Peanut came on Monday, i had a lesson with a friend on Tuesday night and i brought the Peanut along, my friend is a luthier, he thought it was great but he said the tone was a little off on the high end of the fret board, he pulled out his tools and started working on the bone, he thought the bridge may not be in the right place and proceeded to grind away with the dental drill on the bone to improve the tone on each string (i was cringing in my seat as he proceeded to take over and work on my brand new uke, but i trust him, it's just a little unsettling to watch as he uses power tools on your new uke), he also said that the strings seemed off or old and said i should replaced them, i did. The tonal quality up and down the fret board is now good. The ear phone plugin works fine, the mp3 jack works fine, and the 1/4" plug in works. I plugged into my friend's sound system and jammed away, i have not had an electrical instrument before, and wanted the Peanut for quiet-time/after-hours playing, and the headphone/earbuds is a great way to go. I'm very happy with my Peanut and i have been playing it every night. If you buy one, get the strap button put on, because of its small size the Peanut is a little difficult to hang on to if you are going to move up and down the fret board. I don't have a strap button on the Upper body/fret board yet, but intend to put one on.

Pippin
09-03-2011, 08:36 AM
I applaud Mim and Eleuke both in this.

OldePhart
09-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I've noticed the intonation being a teeny bit off. Admittedly, I tend to be unhappy about the intonation on most of the instruments I play. People who want their senses of pitch to be better developed should be careful what they wish for.

Amen to that. I have a friend with perfect absolute pitch and I kind of feel sorry for him because there is a lot of music that I can thoroughly enjoy that drives him to distraction.

I have found that my sense of pitch has improved remarkably since I've been playing perfectly set up instruments, though; to the point that a guitar I used to love drove me completely nuts when I pulled it out of the case after a long time (it was once my best guitar, which was why it was the only one I didn't set up when I finally bought nut files).

John

ckellogg
09-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Hee! Hee! Hee! I guess I'm just an inquisitive type...I have much respect to both Mim and Eleukes and hope they can resolve their current QC issues with minimal problems...!!! And to Chindog, I haven't seen my cat either for a while...Hmmm...???

We had a case of a cat that had an intestinal blockage which turned out to be an ......... almond.

ckellogg
09-03-2011, 12:58 PM
I'd feel a lot better if this transparency would include actually disclosing the problem. ;)

I just got mine and really like it ... but do notice the G & A strings are amplified noticeably less than the C & E strings.

And oddly, I would say I've noticed just the opposite in mine..... but being a total noob it might be me.

ckellogg
09-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Hmm.... All the strings on my Peanut sound very uniform in their loudness. Loudness potentiometer works well across all strings. Maybe that is the issue.

Thanks, Doc J for that info. Good to know.

bbycrts
09-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I just want to give a HUGE shout out to both Mim and Eleuke - they are both incredible. It takes guts for a company to come to a forum like this and START a thread that talks about how they messed up and how they're taking care of it. Mim, too...well - Mim is the best. She doesn't walk on water...she hovers slightly above it.

Tack
09-03-2011, 06:09 PM
She doesn't walk on water...she hovers slightly above it.
Ahhh - those would the the angel's wings.....:)

itsme
09-03-2011, 06:25 PM
You're to be commended for bringing the existence of issues out front both in a public forum and on your web site and for working with Mim to make things right. But I don't see any transparency by your refusal to state what the issues are.
I have to agree with you on this.

Would a car manufacturer put out a recall that says "Hey, some of our cars are defective. You'll know if you have one. Contact us if you do."

Mim
09-04-2011, 02:52 AM

Would a car manufacturer put out a recall that says "Hey, some of our cars are defective. You'll know if you have one. Contact us if you do."

What you have to realize is this all came to light the day before labor day weekend. We are still in the process of isolating what is going on. I had plans with my kids and my husband had to push me out the door to go instead of staying at home to work on the recall. The Eleuke people had plans too. I have also written most of my customers privately. But to publicly put what the problem is online would mean when someone googles the peanut later after this is resolved they would see this post and not the remedy and transparency is not warented for those who do not currently own a peanut. Since there are only 15 or so out there... no harm done. And for those who want to return it, it will be done in a speedy organized manner and I will refund their money including shooing costs in full.

But basically I love that the people demanding more transparency don't own one. Trust me, there arr issues with EVERY uke company. We just knew a statement needed to be made because of the interest in the product and so people would know why they went away for a time.

ckellogg
09-04-2011, 09:51 AM
What you have to realize is this all came to light the day before labor day weekend. We are still in the process of isolating what is going on. I had plans with my kids and my husband had to push me out the door to go instead of staying at home to work on the recall. The Eleuke people had plans too. I have also written most of my customers privately. But to publicly put what the problem is online would mean when someone googles the peanut later after this is resolved they would see this post and not the remedy and transparency is not warented for those who do not currently own a peanut. Since there are only 15 or so out there... no harm done. And for those who want to return it, it will be done in a speedy organized manner and I will refund their money including shooing costs in full.

But basically I love that the people demanding more transparency don't own one. Trust me, there arr issues with EVERY uke company. We just knew a statement needed to be made because of the interest in the product and so people would know why they went away for a time.

Nicely put, Mim. Thank you for all your hard work on this.

ckellogg
09-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Mim, too...well - Mim is the best. She doesn't walk on water...she hovers slightly above it.

This is because of her UUBL success I am sure :)

chindog
09-04-2011, 02:46 PM
My Peanut is still performing up to standard! I am still loving it! Mim stands behind her products, and no one could ask for a better supplier.

She's Mimtastic!!

MoreUke
09-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Yes there are defective Peanuts out there. But Mim has truly been a forthright person when she found out about the problem. I know because it has affected me. Mim's speed in dealing with my problem Peanut has been incredible. Her customer service can only be described as excellent.

kissing
09-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Soo... what was the problem?

austin1
09-05-2011, 02:31 AM

This analogy would work...if a ukulele was a car. Show me any one person whose life could depend on their ukulele performing up to standard, and I will eat a hundred euro bill.

Kudos to both Eleuke and Mim for the way they've handled the situation. You guys are models for good business!

buddhuu
09-05-2011, 03:26 AM
This analogy would work...if a ukulele was a car. Show me any one person whose life could depend on their ukulele performing up to standard, and I will eat a hundred euro bill. [...]

With respect, the analogy does work to some extent. You imply that only life-threatening situations justify full disclosure of the reasons for a product recall. Personally I don't see that. The point itsme makes is valid.

That said, current customers who might be affected are being taken care of, and steps are being taken to prevent supply of more defective products. As long as that is the case, it is for the manufacturer and dealers to decide whether prospective customers are reassured or discouraged by the helpful, but limited, information disclosed.

WhenDogsSing
09-05-2011, 04:05 AM
With respect, the analogy does work to some extent. You imply that only life-threatening situations justify full disclosure of the reasons for a product recall. Personally I don't see that. The point itsme makes is valid.

That said, current customers who might be affected are being taken care of, and steps are being taken to prevent supply of more defective products. As long as that is the case, it is for the manufacturer and dealers to decide whether prospective customers are reassured or discouraged by the helpful, but limited, information disclosed.

Very well worded...I will now go back into my corner and shut up...!!!

musicmonsterw
09-05-2011, 05:02 AM
This analogy would work...if a ukulele was a car. Show me any one person whose life could depend on their ukulele performing up to standard, and I will eat a hundred euro bill.

Kudos to both Eleuke and Mim for the way they've handled the situation. You guys are models for good business!

I would love to see you eat a hundred euro bill. Would make a great video. Just sayin...

mainiac
09-05-2011, 05:45 AM
I received my Peanut on Friday (9/2/11) and today I finally had the time to really try it out. I couldn't find anything wrong with mine, in fact, I had a hard time putting it down. Plugged it into a sound system and played an I-pod through it. Sounds great. Intonation was good.
This was my first dealing with Mim, but I can see why everyone is enthusiastically supportive of her. Great service and communication.

One question... I've never had an electric uke and every acoustic uke I have purchased seemed to benefit from replacing the strings to better quality ones. I'd be interested in opinions on the stock strings on the Peanut.... (this is not a complaint, just wondering)

austin1
09-05-2011, 07:18 AM
I would love to see you eat a hundred euro bill. Would make a great video. Just sayin...

if you pay me 101 euros for said video, I will do it!

musicmonsterw
09-05-2011, 08:04 AM
if you pay me 101 euros for said video, I will do it!

Hmmm. I'll have to look into my video budget. Can I pay you 1 euro and supply you with a counterfeit 100 euro bill?

austin1
09-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Hmmm. I'll have to look into my video budget. Can I pay you 1 euro and supply you with a counterfeit 100 euro bill?

Can I eat a counterfeit 100 euro bill?

eleukeusa
09-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Hey Everyone, thanks for all the comments. This post got long, so I added a Table of Contents:
1. Pop Culture Humor
2. Actual Explanation (with as much info as we've got right now)
3. Its not a tumor
4. Apology
5. Videos of People Eating Large Amounts of Money

1. You guys guessed it, there was a little bit of allspark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spark_%28Transformers%29) dust that got into some of these Peanuts and they turned into evil robots. Though, I think they are of the "world domination" variety, not the kind that will eat your cats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALF_%28TV_series%29#ALF_character), so you're a little off there.

2. This did happen right before Labor Day weekend with my wife, daughter and extended family waiting patiently for me to be done so we can all go(if you ever meet my daughter, you'll understand why this was a pressing issue since she hasn't quite got a hold of the concept of patience yet). I know Mim was in a similar situation, so the lack of description of what was going on was really due to family issues rather than trying to hide something and, honestly, we're still trying to figure out the problem. So here's the big mystery: There was a small number of ukes that had problems with the electronics. I'm going to be perfectly honest here and admit that I do not have a degree in engineering, so I wouldn't know where to start to even begin understanding the issue, let alone try to explain it... but Philip [Eleuke manufacturer] is flying out of China to come and take a look here in Idaho. There is a good possibility that we'll check these out and maybe fix and thing or two and everything will be great. If not, I'll let you know. If you have some strings that are significantly louder than others, this may be part of the problem, so lets get that taken care of.

3. Also, on another note. This isn't a "product recall," its just a quality control heads up. The only reason I bring this up is that the term "product recall" invokes a lot of ugly government regulations and implies some misdeed by someone along the line. Product Recalls are often required by law because of a safety issue or some massive amount of dishonesty on the part of the manufacturer or something. We just like ukes and uke players, so when there seemed to be an issue with some of them, we asked Mim to send them back so we can check them out and see what's up.

4. So, I apologize for seeming like we were hiding something, I was just in a hurry and don't have the full picture yet. I promise to come back and let you know what we find once Philip has a look. He lands on Friday and will get started right away. Hopefully (fingers crossed), its not a big deal (seems like there are a handful of happy peanut owners) and we can set these Peanuts free. So please, no one eat any money, and again, I'm very sorry for all of this, we're doing everything we can to make sure we continue to make great ukes.

ckellogg
09-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Thank you for the info, it's much appreciated.

RichM
09-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Hey Everyone, thanks for all the comments. This post got long, so I added a Table of Contents:

3. Its not a tumor

The fact you have quoted Kindergarten Cop makes me want to buy many ukuleles from you. :)

haolejohn
09-06-2011, 02:41 PM

really? I completely disagree with you. It isn't up to the manufacturer or the dealer to decide if I am reassured or discouraged. It is up to me to decide if I am either discouraged or reassured.

I know Mim is rock on solid. Eleuke probably is b/c she carries their product. I could care less if I knew what the defect is or was b/c I don't plan on buying a "peanut" eleuke. I completely understand why some are curious. If I knew I was about to buy a product with a defect I'd want to know more than "if it has the problem you will know". Of course I would assume that the problem is that obvious. But knowing some of our members, they expect $35 ukuleles to sound like "K" brand ukuleles:)

Eleuke disclosed the issue so everything is hunky dory good here on the UU.

buddhuu
09-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Fair comment. My bad wording.

What I meant was: As long as that is the case, it is for the manufacturer and dealers to decide whether they believe prospective customers will be reassured or discouraged by the helpful, but limited, information disclosed.

With those tweaks, I stand by the post. Thanks.

buddhuu
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
[...]
Eleuke disclosed the issue so everything is hunky dory good here on the UU.

I am inclined to agree.

bbycrts
09-06-2011, 05:27 PM
1. Pop Culture Humor
2. Actual Explanation (with as much info as we've got right now)
3. Its not a tumor
4. Apology
5. Videos of People Eating Large Amounts of Money

I, for one, am FURIOUS that Eleuke omitted the promised item 5, and I quote: "Videos of People Eating Large Amounts of Money."

Their customer service, on the other hand, I am completely satisfied with. (Spoken as a proud Peanut owner - I'll check it out per instructions I received, but I really don't expect to be sending it back...)

eleukeusa
09-07-2011, 04:51 AM
The fact you have quoted Kindergarten Cop makes me want to buy many ukuleles from you. :)I am a veritable cornucopia of pop culture nonsense. I was really excited to have a reason to reference ALF.

eleukeusa
09-07-2011, 04:53 AM
I, for one, am FURIOUS that Eleuke omitted the promised item 5, and I quote: "Videos of People Eating Large Amounts of Money."Oh, I'm so glad you caught that. I was really throwing that out there in hopes of someone stepping up to the plate.

austin1
09-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Oh, I'm so glad you caught that. I was really throwing that out there in hopes of someone stepping up to the plate.

don't look a me, I'm still waiting for 101 euros to arrive on my doorstep. and then there will be plenty of plate stepping, believe you me.

jackwhale
09-09-2011, 07:57 AM
I recently purchased an Eleuke baritone through Mim's. The exact nature of the problem seems to be undefinable, at least in this post. Mim was great to deal with and my uke is nicely made and plays well. The electronics require a lot of fiddling, both on the uke and the amp in order for it to sound clear and like a ukulele.

However if something happens to this uke, I'm definitely on the phone to Mim for another.

OldePhart
09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
I recently purchased an Eleuke baritone through Mim's. The exact nature of the problem seems to be undefinable, at least in this post. Mim was great to deal with and my uke is nicely made and plays well. The electronics require a lot of fiddling, both on the uke and the amp in order for it to sound clear and like a ukulele.

Yeah, that was my experience, too with the solid-body concert I purchased recently. There's an unusually high degree of coupling between the tone and volume controls - something I rarely see on instruments with active systems. It took me a good 45 minutes of fiddling with the instrument controls and my amp to get a nice sound - but when I did finally get there it was actually much more natural sounding than I had really expected to be able to get from a solid-body uke.

So, kind of a steep introductory curve but pretty nice once you get it figured out. :)

John

hapauke
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I was one of the first to buy one of these from Mim. I have had zero problems with mine. I let Mim know that mine works great. She is a customer service rockstar.

I played mine through a number of karaoke machines, a honeytone, my computer speakers and my car stereo. Once I get the sound tweaks done for each setup, it is time to rock on.

Loving it.

Ambient Doughnut
09-13-2011, 01:39 AM
I still really want one of these - Please give a shout when they're back on sale! :)

PhilipKwak
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi This is Philip Kwak the owner of "EleUke" brand and who designed "Peanut" EleUke.
I Visited EleUke USA(Chesbro Music) Last week from China and checked all returned Peanuts from Mim's to find problems.
I heard that there's 2 main issues like action height and un-even sound output by each strings.
I recommand everyone to check uneven sound output through amplifier test by turning "Tone" knob "clock and anti-clock wise"
As you know, it boost 2nd&3rd string's sound if you turn it to anti-clock wise and with same method by turning clock wise you can
hear 1&4 strings sound boosted.
So, it's very importand to see which "tone knob" position when you do test it's sound output is even or un-even.

And for the "action height", We unpacked all stocks in the factory and even our stock in our facility and checked
action height at 12th fret top and they are all between 2.7mm - 3mm(This is industry standard) so,we couldn't find
any problem with "action height" so, anyone please report if you find the problem with it I would appreciate.

ckellogg
11-21-2011, 11:45 AM
I got my 2nd Peanut a month+ ago, and am thrilled with it. I'd had one of the initial batch, and, well, it wasn't right. Eleuke and Mim were fantastic with the return process. Mega thanks for being an honest and great bunch of folks to work with. A bit after the return, Penny Lane (in Florida) responded to an email I'd sent them many months ago, they had a batch coming in. So, I decided to give them a try. What a good idea that was! I Love my Peanut! Took it to Atlanta, it is the ULTIMATE travel uke. At the airport, in the hotel, at jams (with a Smokey amp) - it worked out perfectly. I'm just waiting for a longer flight so I can play it on the plane. I think we should have a Peanut meetup of some sort online!

Paul December
11-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I got my 2nd Peanut a month+ ago, and am thrilled with it. I'd had one of the initial batch, and, well, it wasn't right. Eleuke and Mim were fantastic with the return process. Mega thanks for being an honest and great bunch of folks to work with. A bit after the return, Penny Lane (in Florida) responded to an email I'd sent them many months ago, they had a batch coming in. So, I decided to give them a try. What a good idea that was! I Love my Peanut! Took it to Atlanta, it is the ULTIMATE travel uke. At the airport, in the hotel, at jams (with a Smokey amp) - it worked out perfectly. I'm just waiting for a longer flight so I can play it on the plane. I think we should have a Peanut meetup of some sort online!

Is your peanut a "good one" from the initial production, or is it from a newer 2nd production run?

ckellogg
11-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Is your peanut a "good one" from the initial production, or is it from a newer 2nd production run?

It's from the 2nd run.

SuzukHammer
11-22-2011, 03:15 PM
I bought a Peanut in Thailand from Ribbee. I tested 7 of them on a amplifier before I found one that had a decent balanced sound and no "dead strings".

I did not fiddle with each setup because the store was busy and I didn't want to harass the other customers with finding the right Peanut. When we found one with balanced strings, I bought it. I was planning to buy more because I travel alot and need a uke security blanket; but, it took too much time. When I returned from evading the Bangkok floods, their inventory was down on the peanuts.

I'm gonna give this Peanut a ride.