Peanut Quality Issues

eleukeusa

Reaction score
We've made the following statement about the most recent shipment of Peanuts on our site here.
Its come to our attention that a few of the Peanut models have some issues that effect their playability. These issues have not affected all Peanuts, so your Eleuke is most likely fine. Because of this, we are asking that people who have experienced problems with their Peanut Eleukes please make a warranty claim at http://www.eleukeusa.com/warranty.html

There will be some delay while we try to solve these problems on these instruments.

It is our intention for everyone who purchases an Eleuke to receive a quality instrument that they can enjoy. We hope that our customers and dealers recognize this while they wait for the Peanut issues to be resolved.

We are truly sorry for the frustration caused by these issues and are working to rectify them as quickly as possible.
Mim purchased the entire first run of these and we've been working closely with her to try to make this right. It sucks when something like this happens and its outside of our control, so we felt the best thing to do was to take them back from her and fix or replace them.

I know many of you have been waiting for these for a while and I hate to have you wait longer, but we think its better to wait for a good uke then get a faulty one quickly.

I want those of you that have received ukes from Mim to know that she spends a TON of time on them before she sends them out, so it is extremely likely that she fixed whatever issues there may or may not have been on the Peanuts she's already sent. So, please don't return ukes to her unless there is an actual problem. This is Eleuke's fault and shouldn't in any way reflect poorly on Eleuke dealers.

We've made the following statement about the most recent shipment of Peanuts on our site here.

Mim purchased the entire first run of these and we've been working closely with her to try to make this right. It sucks when something like this happens and its outside of our control, so we felt the best thing to do was to take them back from her and fix or replace them.

I know many of you have been waiting for these for a while and I hate to have you wait longer, but we think its better to wait for a good uke then get a faulty one quickly.

I want those of you that have received ukes from Mim to know that she spends a TON of time on them before she sends them out, so it is extremely likely that she fixed whatever issues there may or may not have been on the Peanuts she's already sent. So, please don't return ukes to her unless there is an actual problem. This is Eleuke's fault and shouldn't in any way reflect poorly on Eleuke dealers.

Begs the question, what were the issues?

This is Eleuke's fault and shouldn't in any way reflect poorly on Eleuke dealers.

Mim canceled my Peanut order and refunded my payment because she said that although only some of the Peanuts might have problems, she didn't want to sell any of the Peanuts until those problems were resolved. I think this reflects really well on her integrity as both an ukulele seller and an Eleuke dealer. It would have been easy enough for her to send me a Peanut and hope for the best, but I think it demonstrates how much she values her reputation and her customers that once she was made aware of the issue, she became uncomfortable sending any of the Peanuts out, even though it's probable that most of them are fine. Apparently the problem is with the electronics, although I don't know any of the details.

Is there something current Peanut owners can test? Or would the defect be so glaringly obvious? Is it electrical? I haven't had a chance to test the 1/4" jack (i only have a Honeytone mini amp and no 9v batteries in the house lol) or the mp3 input on my Peanut yet. The headphone jack seem to work.

Thank you Eleuke and Mim for the way you are handling this issue.

Transparency in business! what a concept!

It's so nice to have the 'niceness' of UU exemplified in these kinds of situations!

Kudos to all involved.

Hey ist's want the ohana does - take care of each other so no one gets hurt!

Mahalo, and keep uke'in',

Its pretty obvious what the problems are if they're present. I like the transparency because the other options are kinda shady.

My Peanut arrived about fifteen minutes ago, and it seems fine so far. Granted, I've tried it only with the Honeytone; I'll leave the headphones for later. Electrical instruments create odd impulses. I found myself cranking up the distortion and then accidentally rocking out to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." It may, at this point, become evident that I have spent the past week entertaining a three-year-old.

I hope I won't need to return the Peanut. It had to cross a border to get here. Poor little thing. Thank you, Eleuke people, for the transparency.

I got my Peanut from Mim about the first of the week, but with a job change and a couple of dozen other things going on I haven't had a chance to do much with it. My first impression was it feels great to hold and seems well balanced, it actually is easier to hold (for me anyway) than my other soprano's especially standing. And it sounds pretty good through my Honeytone, but haven't had time to try it through the Micro Cube yet. With a 50-50 chance, of coarse I plugged the MP3 cord in to the wrong hole at first, but straightened that out soon enough and it seems to work OK, I haven't had time to try out the headphone jack.
There are a couple of QC things that I had questions about and PM'd Mim about them, but I'll wait to hear back from her before doing anything.
I'm also hoping I won't have to return it, haven't had any time to bond with it yet!

Its pretty obvious what the problems are if they're present. I like the transparency because the other options are kinda shady.

Well, I haven't run across any issues with mine. I am very pleased with the playability, and it sounds good both through headphones, and plugged into an amp with the 1/4" plug. The auxiliary input for the mp3 or other audio connection works fine. I do wish I knew what the issue is, though.

They turn into robots and eat people.

Hee! Hee! Hee! I guess I'm just an inquisitive type...I have much respect to both Mim and Eleukes and hope they can resolve their current QC issues with minimal problems...!!! And to Chindog, I haven't seen my cat either for a while...Hmmm...???

My Eleuke Peanut arrived from Mim today. It is a fantastic sounding little uke. I haven't noticed any quality issues. It was very nicely setup.

This is my first electric, and I was really amazed with the sound quality throught my ear buds. Haven't plugged it in to the amp yet. The intonation is great too.

It is a great value for the money, in my opinion.

Last edited:
My Eleuke Peanut arrive from Mim today. It is a fantastic sounding little uke. I haven't noticed any quality issues. It was very nicely setup.

This is my first electric, and I was really amazed with the sound quality throught my ear buds. Haven't plugged it in to the amp yet. The intonation is great too.

It is a great value for the money, in my opinion.

I've noticed the intonation being a teeny bit off. Admittedly, I tend to be unhappy about the intonation on most of the instruments I play. People who want their senses of pitch to be better developed should be careful what they wish for.

I've had my Peanut since Monday. I've only used it with headphones, which seems fine, although the 2nd string (E) seems super quiet compared to the other 3, no matter where I set the non-volume button. What is that called, anyway? Treble/Bass button? It's my first electric, so I'm not sure what to expect, and I am a uku noob so it may be my lack of skill showing. I don't (yet) own an amp so no such testing done there. I tried to hook it up to play thru my Mac speakers, but have failed so far. It didn't come with any instructions, so I don't know how to use the MP3 part, but I guess I'll figure that out some day. Working with Mim has been a real pleasure, and I sure hope the Peanut issues aren't driving her, um, nuts.

I'd feel a lot better if this transparency would include actually disclosing the problem. ;)

I just got mine and really like it ... but do notice the G & A strings are amplified noticeably less than the C & E strings.
So for me, I'd like to know if that is the problem, and if not, what I can do to even-out the loudness. :confused:

I agree. Mine seems OK though, and since I know Mim tested it before sending, I'm not worried, since it sounds like the issue is something that would jump out at us. I would still like to know though, since that's just the way I am LOL.

I was hoping Mim would send those nuts cause I ordered 3 for travelling. I could have lived with 1 out of 3 being a dog.

I am in the mountains. My whole family is here. All I have is my phone. I will post more on this when I can type with both hands. Anyone who thinks there might be a defect, however small, please email me at mimontheuke@aol.com and I will answer you on Monday and we will get refunds and return labels worked out. Hope to have everything resolved by Tuesday. But please know we will take care of you and the next peanut order will be much improved.

Top Bottom