Jake Shimabukuro is getting on my last nerve ;-)

Piikea

Reaction score
For those that aren't local to Oahu or the islands, Jake makes a series of commercials for insurance, banks, cars.. etc.. He is seemingly everywhere.

He's a virtuoso player for sure, but he's also seemingly overly happy and crimeny, sit still!!! ;-)

All this is in jest of course, I wish him the best, but man, he's on tv like every 5 minutes. In one ad, I swear the ukulele doesn't have strings on it.. It's the camera angle I suppose, but it sure looks like it, then he steps on stage to adoring fans and begins to play on an obviously strung axe.

Amusing.

Heh, heh. I've not seen him in person, just videos, but I think a lot of his appeal is his enthusiasm. I get a hoot out of his "chair dancing." LOL

Hawaiian are so proud of their own!!! I think the little leaguers still get free sodas when recognized. LOL

If Jake is giving you fits, maybe you could commiserate with all the Eddy Vedder Haters on here :)

I'm not a huge fan of selling yourself for a big company that isn't affiliated with what you do. But... I have to say, 1. Jake IS overly happy. I've met him several times and he's always got plenty of energy - and not in a bad way. And 2. are the other commercials any better? I'd rather see Jake then somebody screaming at me to buy a product or tell me how sick I am because I don't use their medicine. The only other commercials that come close are the ones Frank Delima does:

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of selling yourself for a big company that isn't affiliated with what you do. But... I have to say, 1. Jake IS overly happy. I've met him several times and he's always got plenty of energy - and not in a bad way. And 2. are the other commercials any better? I'd rather see Jake then somebody screaming at me to buy a product or tell me how sick I am because I don't use their medicine. The only other commercials that come close are the ones Frank Delima does:

Grew up with that guy coming to our schools every year. Peanut butter and jelly will never be the same.

Gotta hear his Filipino Christmas...Funny if you know Oahu

I taught it to my son back when he was 3 years old. LOL He sang it at pre-school randomly during the holiday season and the teachers couldn't stop laughing!

Fo all da local folk . . . ok, everyone else also. Filipino Christmas by Frank DeLima. Island comedy and pidgin at it's best so please don't feel offended or anything of the sort. Dis is just local flava and us guys pretty much laff at anyting and Frank is feakin' funny. If you don't get it, no worries!

There is very little that is funnier then that song.

He did a set at a Portuguese festival my family and I went to. At least half of the crowd was doubled over and crying. What a riot.

Wow. It looks like he's doing a "Da Babooze Braddahs Tour" with Augie T and... he's going to be in Honoka'a later this month and I'm going to be in the mainland. I have the worst luck with catching shows I want to see...

Top Bottom