What kind of MARTIN UKULELE, is this?

UkeToaster

Reaction score
It would be great if someone could identify this uke and give me an estimate of how much it is worth! Thanks

51EfwpV8KxCrO-LgDaY-p1WDdSv6Ae0pnbtCbP9vV09EiTRPTFH9wgZThlO1RDFCgttieI2Dg8Z6HRFBJjk_s300.jpgR1mlJlVPp5l25dTMKSUs_SINsGRN0hyJ4ajCjRptG0FX43VX3hQ_jO0lHO5hZa6lLCX8ZeLTwj-XK9bp-x4_s300.jpegURUL_Y94uqyRAGrBYmpRlr2TGOs8szpWh4iiBJfFOn3CfK6uFkVy0e-uI9aQnwBp4lfma2W37IUr5NZwS6oY_s300.jpg

I can just see in the last photo, under the Martin stamp it says "Made in USA" which dates it to 1962 or later.

Value.....well, that depends. Any cracks or finish crazing? Are you looking to buy or sell?

It's used, and im looking to buy..i just want to know how much one in great condition would cost.

No cracks: U$500

No cracks: U$500

Yep. And, most likely worth every penny.

I have one the same vintage and it's sounds great and plays like a dream. I've played many other Martin sopranos, all have been at least very good. Some have been fantastic.

To me , not too much more than 300 with cracks, seen them go much less with other things[holes, missing frets, etc]

I agree, unless the cracks are small and already well repaired. Even if that's the case, I wouldn't pay half of what they are asking. Martin Os are commonly available. You should get one, but not that one.

I agree, unless the cracks are small and already well repaired. Even if that's the case, I wouldn't pay half of what they are asking. Martin Os are commonly available. You should get one, but not that one.

Good advice from hmgberg......also, being post 1962 it is on the newer side for a vintage Martin. In general the earlier they are the higher the price.

Good advice from hmgberg......also, being post 1962 it is on the newer side for a vintage Martin. In general the earlier they are the higher the price.

This is essentially true, although it seems condition is the primary factor stores use in determining price. Typically, in the stores, Martin Os are $650.00-$750.00, if they are in good condition, regardless of the vintage. On the other hand, it's more difficult to find an older one in great condition. When you do see one from the 20s, say, in great shape, a store may charge over $1,000.00. They might get that sum from a collector. For tone and playability, the recent ones are still good.

I meant the person the who's selling it...it's been on CL for awhile and reposted to be up higher on the search

I paid $800 for my late '20s/early '30s Style 2, which has quite a few well-repaired cracks and a lot of scuffing. BUT, it's a late '20s/early '30s Style 2 and not a post-'62 Style 0. I paid about $600 for a VERY nice, clean (probably) early '50s Style 1. So, to me, $800 for this is WAY high. Then again, they aren't getting any cheaper, are they? Still, you ought to be able to find a decent Style 0 for less than $800.

Top Bottom