Dük Aphid & Dük Ladybug pre-orders being taken.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am close to finishing up the 1st Ladybug (Serial #002), and another Aphid (serial #003). Aphid Serial #001 is not for sale as for now. If you are interested in it, let me know (there is an issue with serial #001 (it is a prototype mind you) I would like you to know about if you want it.)

This is a Pre-Order and the only reason I am doing this pre-order is to figure out if I need to make more or not. If they don't have much interests, I won't continue building them. If there is, I will know I need to order more wood.

$99.95 postage paid to lower 48.

The Aphid is a traditional body uke, the Ladybug is a pineapple body uke. Both other than that have the same specs. The ones being built at present are:

Solid mahogany body, and neck. Rosewood fretboard, headstock veneer, and saddle. Ebony friction tuners. Bone nut and saddle. Strung up with Jasper Happy "Lil Barney" colored strings. 10" total in length with a 6.5" scale.

Here is Aphid #001 and Ladybug #002 (Ladybug) isn't quite done yet.

What you are commiting to is Ladybug #002, or Aphid #003. Again, I am just offering a pre-order for these two to gadge if I need to pursue these builds, and order more mahogany for more of them.
P1050448.jpg

Drop me a PM if you are interested on one of these Minis.

Last edited:
Could you put a sound sample up. Curious to hear one compared to a tangi.

I have Aphid #001 and Tangi sound sample somewhere in the forums.. I will try and find it and post it here..

Here it is..
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?52529-Sound-sample-Vs.

I have another thread comparing the two as far as build. I think I have that in the Luthier area tho.. I'll see if I can dig that up. Keep in mind, this is Aphid #001 (prototype), and the action is a bit high on that one. I can lower it some, but started on #'s 002 & 003. They will not be so high..

The Ladybug (Serial #002) is tentatively sold. There is another started tho.

Ladybug serial #002 is now sold. Also Aphids #003 & #005 are sold. So, all the ones that are currently being built are spoken for. But When these are done, I will probably make a couple more. Not sure if I am going to do allot of building over the winter months, because my shop is not heated, and in Michigan, it can get pretty nipply in there.. ;)

Top Bottom