String dilema help and advice please

raecarter

Reaction score
Hi all to cut a long story short 6 months ago I retuned my tenor mainland to dGBE but continued to play the chords so they were effectively 5 lower. Last week I got my kala Acacia tenor which is tuned normally and I discovered my voice has improved and I can now sing in the normal key so id like to get some new strings for my mainland tenor. Do you think I should go low g? If so what strings do you recommended I tried it before with worth browns low g but a string was wound and it was too Boomy and I didn't like it so I guess I dont want any wound strings. Can anyone recommend anything or another option at all please.

no string info here but as for the singing. I noticed the same stuff. I played mostly mandolin with bluegrass and country guys. When I started playing uke the songs were mostly in "C". That was hard to sing in for me. It eventually got easier and I noticed I could actually sing better in my other chords too.

no string info here but as for the singing. I noticed the same stuff. I played mostly mandolin with bluegrass and country guys. When I started playing uke the songs were mostly in "C". That was hard to sing in for me. It eventually got easier and I noticed I could actually sing better in my other chords too.

Definitely practise helps doesn't it

I'm a little confused. You said you had Worth Browns in low G and there was a wound string???? Worths don't use wound strings? You may also try the clears. Both are good.

Yea, I read that also and . . . Huh?

Hi everyone I said i believe they were worth but clearly werent sorry. I still do not like wound steings perhaps you could recommend a set for me to try?

Hi all to cut a long story short 6 months ago I retuned my tenor mainland to dGBE but continued to play the chords so they were effectively 5 lower. Last week I got my kala Acacia tenor which is tuned normally and I discovered my voice has improved and I can now sing in the normal key so id like to get some new strings for my mainland tenor. Do you think I should go low g? If so what strings do you recommended I tried it before with worth browns low g but a string was wound and it was too Boomy and I didn't like it so I guess I dont want any wound strings. Can anyone recommend anything or another option at all please.
This thread may or may not be of assistance, but it has to do with wound and non-wound strings.

Try the Orcas with low g unwound.
Black Flourocarbon, I like sound and the feel.

Top Bottom