PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to use to take out tiny scratches in my uke.. help! D=

Yaboiraqui
09-07-2011, 05:35 PM
ok, so I've posted 2 postings on what I could use to polish, clean, or take out the tiny little scratches (not deep scratches) my Lanikai LU-21CE BK.

Since my uke has a black finish, its really hard to find what I can use to clean it.

Here are some of the things that people said I should use to take out little scratches or polish it

-Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish
-3m Finesse-It
-Virtuoso polish
-Meguiars Plastic Polish

So what should I really use?? =/

itsme
09-07-2011, 05:39 PM
And this is the third thread you've started about it?

marymac
09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Did you try any of those? Probably any will work. And dude -try something out before starting yet another thread! Just update this thread once you've tried and succeeded/failed. Got it?

cashew
09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Personally, me, I'd embrace the scratches. But... you... well, they all will work. Just pick one and use it, but be aware the act of handling the uke will re-scratch it up again, so unless you want it to be a pristine museum art piece, I wouldn't stress too hard. Remember, Ukes are to be played.

joejeweler
09-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Just found this today,.....the guy is a repair tec. I never heard of brasso being used like this before. Makes sense on the newer plasticsized finishes since it polished his watch crystal.

http://www.lint.org/TechNotes/Brasso/Brasso.html

Dan Uke
09-07-2011, 07:42 PM
HAHA...at least one of the post isn't to start another thread!! The cali crowd is tough...OUCH

marymac
09-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Sorry - this cali gal is a bit cranky this evening.

cashew
09-07-2011, 08:05 PM
HAHA...at least one of the post isn't to start another thread!! The cali crowd is tough...OUCH

Sorry - this cali gal is a bit cranky this evening.

Haha, I'm cranky.. but I figured that since the majority went there, I didn't need to :)
(And... I figure, I'm allowed to be cranky every now and then. Especially more now than then :) I claim backache, puffy feet and a constant need to use the ladies room as cause-- No jury will convict me... at least I hope!)

Dan Uke
09-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Haha, I'm cranky.. but I figured that since the majority went there, I didn't need to :)
(And... I figure, I'm allowed to be cranky every now and then. Especially more now than then :) I claim backache, puffy feet and a constant need to use the ladies room as cause-- No jury will convict me... at least I hope!)

Wait a minute!! I had to check the other computer to make sure my wife wasn't pretending to be from Staten Island, NY! :p

cashew
09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Hehe. nope, only me here :) Although, you're more than welcome to come visit!

raecarter
09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I bought virtuoso Polish this week and Polish my satin Acacia tenor it came out okay so I guess NY bet is that