Fall on Me (R.E.M.) on tiple

This one is hard to sing, but you pulled it off pretty well - sounds good with the tiple as well. This is actually one of the first songs I learned on the guitar when I was a teenager - I remember distinctly that I had to learn Dm and F to play it..... literally one of the first couple of songs I learned. Growing up on the east side of the ATL, we're only about an hour from Athens.... those first couple of albums from R.E.M. were the de facto soundtrack of my misspent youth.....

I remember a trip to the Big Island in 1995. The guy who gave uke lessons to the tourists at the resort showed me how to play a song his aunt wrote about Waikoloa, and I showed him how to play "Fall on Me".

The night I took my tiple to Open Mike, I played this song. I was very happy when I'd made it to the end and hit all the high notes. The day I made this video, I also did "So. Central Rain." That'll get posted sometime soon. I don't remember if I ever posted it on UU, but I previously did a video of "Find the River" from the Automatic for the People album:
Find the River

Jim - that's a really nice arrangement of 'Find The River'.... makes it sound like it was written for the uke. Seriously, that's one of the best uke arrangements I've heard in some time - and well performed, as well..... I've played lots of R.E.M. songs on guitar, but haven't really tried any on uke, mostly stuff from those earlier albums - 'Life's Rich Pageant' was one of those change-your-12-year-old-life kind of records for me, I could probably still sit down and play along with the whole thing. Maybe I'll have to work up an R.E.M. cover.....'Driver 8' or 'Swan Swan Hummingbird'.....hmmmm......

If I memorized another R.E.M. song it would probably be "Perfect Circle".

I completely forgot until just now that I also have "Lotus" memorized. There was a time in the '80s when I knew "Pretty Persuasion."

Top Bottom