PDA

View Full Version : resonator uke

mal-c
09-08-2011, 06:16 AM
I have just found a very reasonable priced resonator cone and cover plate , sold by republic guitars .I was thinking of buying a cheaply priced tenor and fit the resonator cone in it.Is this possible as I imagine you would have to fit a sound well to hold the cone in. Mal (UK)

Nixon
09-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Won't work very well. Reso bodies are usually really thick so they don't resonate. Means the only sound comes from the cone.

ksquine
09-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Its been done...seems to work ok. You would need to keep the biscuit bridge in the same location as the original saddle....so find a tenor with enough room to cut a big hole on the sides and behind the bridge.
You would need to add a sound well and glue it to the underside of the top. If there are braces in the way it could be tricky.

Pete Howlett
09-09-2011, 01:11 AM
Read my thread and talk to Colin Oldham at DRC

mal-c
09-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi Pete, where can I find your thread please and what is DRC.You will have to exuse me I have only just recently got into ukulele's.Love your ukulele' you do a fine job sir.Mal

mal-c
09-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Sorry Pete I found the thread love that one it's fantastic but out of my price range I'm afraid.Mal