You guys help me--is Lokahi a he or a she?

consitter

Reaction score
Hello ukers,

Give me your opinion...is Lokahi a he or a she, and why do you think that? I don't normally name objects, but this one has taken on a life of its own. And I'm leaning toward a gender, but I want others insight...seriously, or even tongue in cheek. Let's have a little fun with this. I'm including another pic for those of you that haven't seen it. If you want to see more, there's a thread in the reviews section titled "Custom built Koaloha built by Paul Okami--don't know how to post pics." Well my wife whipped my into shape on that, so there's more to see if you want.

Another question: I've actually got some pics of my uke during the build. Would anybody be interested in seeing them? I'm thinking of doing a thread called "Birth of an ukulele" or something like that. Let me know what you think.

ScottLokahi.jpg

Anything that looks and plays that sweet and lovely has to be a she.

Thanks guys. I've kinda got a tie. Anymore of you willing to throw anything out there for me?

He. Looks too solid of build to be feminine. A strong looking instrument and probably has a lot of sound.

It told you it's name and in due time it will tell you it's gender.

I'm in agreement with Chuck, Lokahi is a male name! Beautiful uke, and an even more beautiful backstory. Thank you for sharing with us consitter!

He. Looks too solid of build to be feminine. A strong looking instrument and probably has a lot of sound.

I was leaning toward male anyway, for one, to many females in my house already! ;) And you're right rem50, it is a VERY strong build with some heft to it. He's does have a strong voice with lots of sustain.

Thanks to all for your opinions. Anybody game for a future posting of "Birth of an Ukulele' with my construction pics Paul took?

Last edited:
Okay, you are deciding male, but when I looked at it I thought, "ooh, SHE is beautiful"

Okay, you are deciding male, but when I looked at it I thought, "ooh, SHE is beautiful"
You're not gonna believe this, but Alan Okami referred to it as "she" in his comment after reading my story. Considering that's REAL close to the source, I may have to re-think this whole thing!

I'm going to have to go with "gender neutral". :D

A lot of sound,....then DEFINATELY a SHE! The twin peaks is another indicater.... :D

He's wearing a bow tie bridge. Very natty. He.

What a great story. Wow. You know, Alan called it. It's a "she", and what a beauty!

Top Bottom