A String's "Worth" of Difference...

Tsani

Reaction score
I was really excited to finally get my Favilla Teardrop this past Tuesday. I hurried home, snatched it up, and took it to my lesson with my classical guitar teacher. During the lesson I noticed that the G string sounded dead. I was worried that there might be a problem with the bridge or the nut that was causing the poor sound quality on that string. My teacher thought I was having a technique problem and was suggesting that I pluck the G-string with a different part of my thumb or at a different angle.

I thought that it might be the string - and I was right.

The uke came to me already set up with what looked like mis-matched strings. The C, E, & A were white and looked like they might be Aquilas - and they sounded very good. But the G string was clear and sounded very wooden and "plonky".

I changed out the G string last night for a Worth's Clear - and WOW!!! The difference in sound was unbelievable. I am getting that pretty, resonant bell-like tone that is the Worth's signature. It is just beautiful, and I am so relieved that there is nothing wrong with my Favilla. With the new G string this Teardrop really sings! I can tell that this is going to be my main ax.

Sometimes a good string makes all the difference. To me, Worth's are worth it. :)
attachment.php

Glad to hear you pretty uke's got a pretty singing voice. Congrats on finding a great ukulele/string combo!

I'm glad you find the right strings for you, it can be a tough search to find the right strings for your uke. Congrats.

Top Bottom