Banjo uke in a hot car?

marymac

Reaction score
Hi Guys -

I'm heading to the Wine Country uke fest shortly but I had a question about my banjo uke. I was thinking of taking my Beansprout banjo with me but I might have to leave it in the trunk for a while. Do banjos have any vulnerability to heat like regular guitars/ukes? It has a solid maple body/ring with a skin head. Built like a tank! Other than the head possibly stretching a bit I can't think of something that might be a problem. Any thoughts from you wise UUers? Thanks!

PS - this is just about the heat, I'm aware of the risk of theft - that's a question for another thread!

I have a cheap old camp uke I treat just like a regualr uke whan it comes to heat. The head seems sensitive to humidity and tem changes. Other than that, if you can stand the temp the uke should be able to stand it. That's the rule of thumb I've been taught.

I wouldn't leave any instrument in a trunk. Especially not an expensive instrument like a Beansprout.

I wouldn't leave any instrument in a trunk. Especially not an expensive instrument like a Beansprout.

That's pretty much what I've decided. After I posted this I decided I wouldn't bring any instruments I could carry with me at all times. Thanks guys! - Mary

I think that you should ship it to me for safe keeping (mine) while you are away!!! Oh, how I want a tenor beansprout!!

That's pretty much what I've decided. After I posted this I decided I wouldn't bring any instruments I could carry with me at all times. Thanks guys! - Mary
Good idea- that skin head is going to be unplayable anyway once it heats up...My May Bells HATE it when I sit outside and strum them in 100 degree weather

Top Bottom