Yard Sale Uke - Need help indetifying.....

bnicholas26

Reaction score
Got this soprano ukulele as a gift need help identifying it. I think it's just a tourist uke from a souv shop, but it's heavy construction. I could hammer nails with it. I took the frets out, they were garbage. Wooden nut kind of just fell off. But the tuners work fine and the uke carries a sound. Bought some fret wire and corian nut and saddle blanks. Anyone see this uke before???100_9247.jpg100_9250.jpg100_9251.jpg100_9252.jpg100_9253.jpg

Anything with palm trees and the word Hawaii painted on it is likely to be some no-name, made in China piece of junk. Sorry. Doesn't mean it can't be a decent player for you, although I tend to doubt it. Souvenir shop ukes aren't known for quality, but it you want to make a project of it and improve it, then go for it. :)

Anything with palm trees and the word Hawaii painted on it is likely to be some no-name, made in China piece of junk. Sorry. Doesn't mean it can't be a decent player for you, although I tend to doubt it. Souvenir shop ukes aren't known for quality, but it you want to make a project of it and improve it, then go for it. :)

Ditto. Yard sale music stuff is the bomb (or so I hear), but at a certain point you have to wonder if the deal is worth the trade off in quality (in this case). If the tuners work though you might be able to make it work. That's the area all the ABC store ukes I've played fail at. My friend and I would always go through all of the display ones and try to get one tuned - I don't think we ever did.

Ditto. Yard sale music stuff is the bomb (or so I hear)...
Hubby and I go walking several days a week, and I'm always drawn into yard sales in the hopes that maybe someday I'll find a little gem of an uke that someone doesn't know the true value of.

Hasn't happened yet, but I can dream, can't I? :)

Yes, dream is all we can do. The closest to a yard sale music score I ever came was a rack-mount Yamaha reverb for $25. And that's far from ideal, so I had to pass. I've picked up all kinds of other cool stuff that I probably don't need, but people hang onto their music stuff.

Top Bottom