PDA

View Full Version : Traveler uke

Bon
09-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi, I've been gone for quite a while... I'm back. :D

Has anyone played or does anyone have a travel uke? I'm not sure that's what it's called. It has a thinner body than a regular uke. I'm looking for a soprano one. Any thoughts? Anyone? Is there one that stands out as better than the rest?

After playing the tenor, concert, and soprano uke, I've settled on the soprano. I like the sound of it.

Happy to be back,
Bon

mds725
09-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm mostly a tenor person, but I have a Kala Thinline travel ukulele. It has great volume and sustain for a very thin ukulele.

PhilUSAFRet
09-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Never heard a bad word against the Kala thinline. If you are willing to pay more, check out the Mele Slimlines.

janeray1940
09-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I have a Kiwaya thinline soprano pineapple (http://cargo.ukerepublic.com/product/kiwaya-thinbody-pineapple) travel uke, which I love. They're a little spendier than the Kalas, but I think the sound is far superior. And it seems almost indestructible - I don't even keep it in a case, I just throw it in my tote bag and go.

mandrew
09-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I just got a Kala concert travel uke, and it is fabulous! excellent sound projection, great sustain, solidly built, well finished, attractive, great specially made case, aquila strings. It doesn't get better than this in this price range. In fact, it sounds as good as some in a greater price range!! Buy one! Give Mike at Uke Republic a call! It's time to be amazed!

itsme
09-10-2011, 02:25 PM
I have a Kala thinline travel tenor and it's awesome. The sound that projects from such a slim uke is just amazing. :)

Bon
09-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks for all the good information. I'll check into the ones you guys mentioned. I'll let you know what I end up with.

Since I last logged in I added a Kala soprano uke and a Cordoba soprano. Love both of them... the sound is a bit different on each.