PDA

View Full Version : My Howlett Uklectic arrived

SuzukHammer
09-10-2011, 05:18 PM
via Duddles.

Beautiful describes the look of it. Stunning. Smashing. Much better than the video displays it. I was surprised by the looks.

The initial disapointment was there was something rattling in the electronics and I had to borrow a small screwdriver later in the day to get into the interior to have a look. It appears the customs officials may have taken the battery off and not secured it or it got loose in shipping.

I put the battery into its holder, plugged it in and started entertaining my rock star potential.

Seriously. I think this thing is a chick magnet which is bad news for my wife. haha. ok, nothing like that will happen but I'm gonna have to beat all the ladies back a bit while I'm gigging. haha.

I have to go to work but I think I know what I'll be doing later on. Finding my blues groove on this thing.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
09-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Congratz on the uke. Pete's one of the best.
Heads up to anyone considering shipping a uke with the pick up battery installed. Bad idea. It will seldom work it's way loose but when it does it can really tear a uke up in transit. The battery is better left in the accessories pocket in the case.

SuzukHammer
09-11-2011, 03:21 AM
I'm home now. Been waiting all day to fire up the amp and put a little Line 6 Pocket pod in between and see what happens.

I also got a custom Harmonica tube amp. CRUNCHY. I wonder what that will sound like.

roxhum
09-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Congrats on the new uke!

SuzukHammer
09-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Congrats on the new uke!

Thanks. I played her for 3 hours. then I wanted to here something acoustical.

I really like the cutaway on that thing and I like the intonation.

Pete Howlett
10-03-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm glad it went to a good home. You need one of my acoustics next ;)

SuzukHammer
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm glad it went to a good home. You need one of my acoustics next ;)

I was thinking about that. Yes, I just need to reload up on the money.

Right now, I just can't seem to put my Collings down except for my Mainland Mango which acts as my Collings stunt double.

mds725
10-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Congratulations on the new ukulele! Will you be posting pics of the uke for everyone to drool over?

Tack
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Congratulations on the new ukulele! Will you be posting pics of the uke for everyone to drool over?

:agree: :agree:

joeybug
10-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Congrats on the new Ukulele!

Hippie Dribble
10-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Great choice of uke Frank. Awesome mate. Gee that's quite some collection you've got going now....yummy. :)

Nixon
10-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Seriously. I think this thing is a chick magnet which is bad news for my wife. haha. ok, nothing like that will happen but I'm gonna have to beat all the ladies back a bit while I'm gigging. haha.

I've got the original firefly electric tenor of his and that's such a chick magnet. Looks awesome and plays great. Any pics of yours?

SuzukHammer
10-04-2011, 03:18 AM
I will post a pic of my collection that I have acquired for my new home. I'd like to wait until Mike of MGM sends me something I'm patiently waiting for until I get all my little babies together for a pic.

oh what the heck, I'll take some of the uklectic. Why not. its really a wonderful instrument. This means of course, I will have to plug it into the amplifier and I'll likely get the neighbors all hot and bothered but, that's life.

Life is all about making melodous noise.

jackwhale
10-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Just looked at Pete's website. Had to see what the chick magnet comment was about, and now I know. Wow! That burl in the sample of the tenor is very striking and unique. Can hardly wait to see pictures of your uke.

I don't see any volume or tone controls on the uke. Are they located somewhere not visible from the front or are there no controls on the uke?

SuzukHammer
10-06-2011, 04:37 AM
some pics

Mandarb
10-06-2011, 04:45 AM
Looks great. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new uke.

Nixon
10-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Just looked at Pete's website. Had to see what the chick magnet comment was about, and now I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvhQXdF2yow
Somehow managed to pick this up for 350 second hand.

SuzukHammer
10-06-2011, 09:11 AM
You got a good deal Nixon.

I liked Pete's jamming in that video.

Pete Howlett
10-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Secretly wanna be the 'Iceman' Albert Collins :0