My Howlett Uklectic arrived

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
via Duddles.

Beautiful describes the look of it. Stunning. Smashing. Much better than the video displays it. I was surprised by the looks.

The initial disapointment was there was something rattling in the electronics and I had to borrow a small screwdriver later in the day to get into the interior to have a look. It appears the customs officials may have taken the battery off and not secured it or it got loose in shipping.

I put the battery into its holder, plugged it in and started entertaining my rock star potential.

Seriously. I think this thing is a chick magnet which is bad news for my wife. haha. ok, nothing like that will happen but I'm gonna have to beat all the ladies back a bit while I'm gigging. haha.

I have to go to work but I think I know what I'll be doing later on. Finding my blues groove on this thing.

Congratz on the uke. Pete's one of the best.
Heads up to anyone considering shipping a uke with the pick up battery installed. Bad idea. It will seldom work it's way loose but when it does it can really tear a uke up in transit. The battery is better left in the accessories pocket in the case.

I'm home now. Been waiting all day to fire up the amp and put a little Line 6 Pocket pod in between and see what happens.

I also got a custom Harmonica tube amp. CRUNCHY. I wonder what that will sound like.

Congrats on the new uke!

Thanks. I played her for 3 hours. then I wanted to here something acoustical.

I really like the cutaway on that thing and I like the intonation.

I'm glad it went to a good home. You need one of my acoustics next ;)

I was thinking about that. Yes, I just need to reload up on the money.

Right now, I just can't seem to put my Collings down except for my Mainland Mango which acts as my Collings stunt double.

Congratulations on the new ukulele! Will you be posting pics of the uke for everyone to drool over?

Congratulations on the new ukulele! Will you be posting pics of the uke for everyone to drool over?

:agree: :agree:

Great choice of uke Frank. Awesome mate. Gee that's quite some collection you've got going now....yummy. :)

Seriously. I think this thing is a chick magnet which is bad news for my wife. haha. ok, nothing like that will happen but I'm gonna have to beat all the ladies back a bit while I'm gigging. haha.

I've got the original firefly electric tenor of his and that's such a chick magnet. Looks awesome and plays great. Any pics of yours?

I will post a pic of my collection that I have acquired for my new home. I'd like to wait until Mike of MGM sends me something I'm patiently waiting for until I get all my little babies together for a pic.

oh what the heck, I'll take some of the uklectic. Why not. its really a wonderful instrument. This means of course, I will have to plug it into the amplifier and I'll likely get the neighbors all hot and bothered but, that's life.

Life is all about making melodous noise.

Just looked at Pete's website. Had to see what the chick magnet comment was about, and now I know. Wow! That burl in the sample of the tenor is very striking and unique. Can hardly wait to see pictures of your uke.

I don't see any volume or tone controls on the uke. Are they located somewhere not visible from the front or are there no controls on the uke?

Looks great. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new uke.

You got a good deal Nixon.

I liked Pete's jamming in that video.

Top Bottom