Class Order for UUU

FlyedPiper

Reaction score
I'm currently following the Ukulele University videos to learn to play (along with Uncle Rod's Bootcamp). They're fantastic, and I'm learning a lot. I'm halfway through Ukulele 101. Obviously Uke 102 comes next, then Uke 103... but I was wondering when to throw in the Musical Theory class and the Blues Ukulele class. Should I wait until I get done with 103?

I'm going to finish 101 first before I do anything else, but at the rate I'm going that will be by the end of the week at the most. I wouldn't mind throwing in some musical theory next or maybe after 102...

What do you guys think?

I'm doing the same as you, though have finished 101 and am halfway through 102...I've decided to do both the Blues and Music Theory after I've completed 103 so that I know I'm at the right level, but if anyone can tell you more that would be great :D

I am almost done watching the videos for 102. I have watched the first music theory. I have no experience with music or theory, but I think you could jump in with the theory anytime you feel up to it. It may help you understand some of the 102 stuff better. Good luck with whatever you decide. I haven't even considered touching the blues ukulele yet.

I would say you could take Theory anytime after Ukulele 101. You could also take Ukulele Blues after 101, but you might get more out of it if you took Theory first. Just my opinion. I'm working my way through all of them myself. They are great, aren't they !!

Very good info! Thanks guys. I'll try musical theory after the 101 class and the blues ukulele after the 102 class. Might help break it up a little.

I post this for aspiring Uke players:

I would recommend the following order:

Uke 101
Uke 102
Uke 103 mixed with Music Theory
Blues Ukulele

And the Hawaiian Uke lesson coming soon? Hope so :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom