First Uke :D

Raul

Reaction score
Hey everyone, finally got my first uke the Kala Brand KA-T Tenor
If you have know anything about the Uke that I don't please tell, and Is this a good starters? Thanks!

Congrats! I'm practically a beginner myself, but it sounds good to me. My first soprano was a KA-15, and it serves it purpose well. Sounds great, stays in tune & I'm using it for travel now that I bought a Mango. Enjoy!

I started playing about 6 months ago with a Kala KA-T tenor, and it was a great starter ukulele for me. Don't be surprised if you need to re-tune frequently at first--the KA-T comes with Aquila strings, which will stretch out a lot over the first week or two.

Congrats! Great starter uke.

Thanks guys, I did notice that the strings do need re-tuning a lot but I just got it so I know that will go away after like you said in 1-2 weeks. :)

Aloha Raul,
Kala IS one of the good starter ukes, I started with the concert model myself but soon upgraded to the Kala FMC. You'll probably upgrade too, like everyone else...........................BO........................

Thanks guys, I did notice that the strings do need re-tuning a lot but I just got it so I know that will go away after like you said in 1-2 weeks. :)

congrats on the new uke :)

yes new strings do take a while to break in , also do new instruments, the time on that can vary.

Aloha Raul!
E Komo Mai to the 'Ukulele Underground and to the 'ukulele. The Kala KA-T is a great starter ukulele as my first ukulele was a Kala KA-C. After a year, I upgraded to the Kala ASAC-T solid Acacia tenor with the slotted headstock. As for the Aquila strings, they'll continue to stretch out for a few more days. Keep on strumming!

Mason671

Glad to hear your good news! My first uke was a KA-S, and they are great for the money. A good choice. Ditto on the strings. I just bought a new Kala uke (concert travel uke) and I am fighting the string battle too. Everyone does, so just keep playing and tuning for about 2 weeks or so.

Top Bottom