Legit, Legal or Illegal Pokemon?

I just thought I'd post this little topic to let you all know (in case you didn't know already) - but there has been a couple of major changes (advantages or dis-advantages, depending on your view of trading pokemon online) over the past week.

A new program has been created and is now available that allows would-be hackers to create PID/IV's in perfect combination that would show as LEGAL/LEGIT on a Pokemon Legit Checker (such as Sabresite's Legit Checker and Pika's Anti-Cheat).

Just for your information - this new PID/IV program would allow someone to enter their own OT ID and decide what IV's they want for any pokemon as well as determine what type of Hidden Power they would want (ie. Electric, Grass, Water, etc.).

With this new program available - those who legitimately catch and/or breed their pokemon would be at a serious disadvantage at Pokemon Competitions. So BEWARE!

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=2000360&topic=45197783

Also, here's a bit of information regarding the definitions of Legit, Legal and Illegal Pokemon!

legitchart.gif

I only played the RBY series. LOL

I only played the RBY series. LOL

Ruby Red series game pokemon can be transferred to Diamond/Pearl (and soon Platinum) via the in game Pal Park.

The only reason to really worry about "legit/hacked" pokemon would be if you were to enter a competition like they just had here in Florida (Orlando) last month sponsored by Game Freak & Nintendo. The Grand Prize winner won a trip to Japan and a tour of Nintendo along with a bunch of Nintendo goodies. Some competitions have cash prizes depending on who does the competition, like Play-N-Trade Games out here in South Florida. They have regular Pokemon 3 vs 3 and 6 vs 6 competitions with winners going home with checks upwards to $100 (from what I heard - I haven't entered one personally.)

Oh - and for your information, they (competition referees) take your cartridge from you and verify that your pokemon are legit by physically checking that the pokemon have legal movesets/PID/IV combinations. Supposedly they also have a way of checking if your cartridge has been "touched" by ActionReplay and/or GameShark. I'm not sure how they do it, but I hear that it's done with a slot 2 cartridge, like the one pictured below. (The one in the picture is a distribution cartridge which gave out some pokemon for an event in Japan.)

s1-NEC_1244s.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I was referring to Red, Blue Yellow when I was "RBY." =P

I only played the first 3 released in USA (and Pokemon Stadium). Actually, I only played Yellow, then a friend gave me Blue. I never got past the original 151 pokemon.

I only played the first 3 released in USA (and Pokemon Stadium). Actually, I only played Yellow, then a friend gave me Blue. I never got past the original 151 pokemon.

Ahh... LOL

I was in the same boat - I only had the very first "RED" edition back in '97 when it came out with the regular black/white gameboy (not even gameboy color.) Which I'm assuming that's what you're talking about. ;)

UU (Aldrine and Davoo) and my sons playing on a regular basis kinda made me get back into it with Diamond! There's a HUGE difference between the originals and D/P, but the concept is the same. LOL

The Professor gives you your first pokemon, then you go out on your adventure to collect badges from the 8 gym leaders around the region; all the while battling against the "gang" (Team Rocket in the originals - Team Galactic in D/P) to save the region from pokemon theft and destruction. LOL With Diamond/Pearl the game has advanced alot with WiFi battles and being able to connect to Nintendo's GTS (Global Trading Station). So no more having to connect with only friends directly to trade and collect pokemon. As long as you have wireless internet available, you can trade and battle with people from around the world with different versions (ie. Japanese, Korean, European and US). And there are also multiple internal games within the game that makes it alot of fun as well, such as the "Underground" and "Arcade" areas.

If you had any fun with the original Pokemon, you'll definitely love the new versions! You should check it out and come battle some of us. :rock:

Last edited:

I remember getting yellow (special edition). The only difference was that pickachu follows you around. Is that what normal yellow edition does?

wait....i think im getting off topic.......lol :p

I remember getting yellow (special edition). The only difference was that pickachu follows you around. Is that what normal yellow edition does?

wait....i think im getting off topic.......lol :p

Yeah, that's the first one I got. I got my pikachu to surf through Pokemon Stadium. It was so awesome. I eventually got both a surfing Pikachu and a surfing Raichu (surfs on his tail). I never used them much though because their defense was so low even with boosters. I wanted to play it again, but I think I left my games at someone's house. I can't find them anywhere. Mewtwo and Starmie were my best full level pokemon.

I just found out that you can get Mew legitimately on Red Blue and Yellow, but it's too bad I can't find any of the games.

Top Bottom