Kamoa - High Action on the Concert?

the.ronin

Reaction score
Buddy of mine just got a new Kamoa concert. Action is extremely high at the nut and moderately high at the 12th fret.

Anyone else see this or was this uke simply not set up appropriately. The grooves at the nut aren't even so much grooves than very lite indentations (strings rest on top of indentations).

Aloha from Kauai

Thanks for the heads up, Lucky thing I was forwarded your thread. For service you can always contact us directly, we usually don't check forums looking for customer service items to resolve.

We will set it up for you if the action is too high.. We set up at our factory and it is possible one slipped through the QAQC without final set up... did you get it from MacNichol's?

I was just speaking to him a moment ago.

email: me direct for customer service,

kamoaukes@gmail.com.

Samuel Bonanno
Founder
Kamoa Ukulele Company

Thanks Samuel, that’s awesome you came across this thread!

I have forwarded this to my buddy who bought the Kamoa.

Hi all, I wanted to follow up on this thread: I bought my first ukulele (the Kamoa EC Concert) from Michael at MacNichols. I had a great experience. Correspondence was very quick (I think I sent about 5 emails before my purchase, and he replied within each day, most within the hour). I had quite a few questions, and he was very informative in his responses. The Uke arrived very quickly (I'm in CA, he's in Utah). This purchase experience was very positive, but where I felt he went the extra mile was in the follow up service.

I had an issue with the action at the nut being higher than I prefer and after a few short emails, Mike arranged the return and the fix for me: I paid the return shipping, he re-did the setup and had it back to me within the same week. I took him up on his offer for a couple free sets of strings and he took care of the return shipping back to me. I had let him know I was interested in playing around with the low G tuning, so he also included 2 low G strings, one wound and one nylon, so I could experiment with it.

I am very happy with the product and the service. Thanks Michael!!!

...and thanks Samuel for reaching out on this thread! That's really cool that you guys addressed my concern so quickly. Sorry took so long for me to follow up.

Top Bottom