Looking for Hawaiian song for serenade

HawaiianRebel

Reaction score
I met a girl. :)
I've been playing the ukulele for 11 weeks. My first new romantic interest since taking up the ukulele.

I don't want to serenade her yet, but I want to be ready just in case. And I'm not very experienced yet. And it will probably take me a while to learn.

So any suggestions for nice romantic Hawaiian songs that are intermediate or a little easier?

Thanks,
HR

How about "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" by Elvis Presley i know it's not hawaiian but i know it's a nice song. :D GoodLuck

Aloha HawaiianRebel,
Very romantic easy song from Blue Hawaii, "Kuu'ipo". See Richard G's Ukulele Songbook......
Good luck......................BO..........................

It's contemporary stuff . . . Pua Nani

Last edited:
It's contemporary stuff . . . Pua Nani

That's one of my favorite songs. I like the Kalapana version the best. They did do it right? Ben sounds just like the Kalapana recording I have. I know they've had tons of band members through the years. Somebody educate me please.

Anyway, my suggestion is Serenade/Harana.

Look for Danyo's version too!

Actually, the group was called 505. Kalapana's harmony along with Mackey's voice = very distinctive. The original group featured Mackey Feary, D.J. Pratt, Kirk Thompson and Malani Bilyeu. Side men included Michael Paulo (Sax) and Alvin Fejarang (drums).

and now I am educated... I looked up 5:05 and it was the version I have.

Mahalo sir!

I guess I should have known better. I listen to Kalapana a lot too...

Last edited:
Pua Nani seems to be my favorite so far - such a pretty song!

I like that it doesn't seem too difficult to play, and is mostly (almost all) in English (for memorization ease).

And the tabs just so happen to be here on UU - http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?4733-Pua-Nani-by-505

Don't know if my uke still can handle the refrain in C#, but I just might give it a try!

HR

Last edited:
Aldrine's translation of Guitara is good. There's a lesson for it. Harana/Serenade is good (obviously the english verse from Aldrine's video if that's easier to memorize) best thing is to pick a song you can be confident doing and rock it out. Doesn't matter if you aren't the best, if you took the time to learn a song for her and give it your all she'll appreciate it. A lot.

Top Bottom