Starting an electric ukulele

t3hgiantpeanut

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I live in england and I am taking my GCSE's and I aim to create an electric ukulele for my DT. Its going to be just purly electric and I have done some research but I need definition. What type of pickup do I need for this? Where could I purchase this in the UK? and what resources can help me to install this.
My current design is rather modern and funky (perspex and chrome body) and its designed to give the wow factor. The examiners are hardly going to be expert ukulele players so I just need something that works. I hope someone can help me!

On a further note I want to go the extra stupid, childish mile and install LED's into the body (to diffuse through the perspex which makes up the main body) if anyone has had any experience with LED's i know the basics but some tip would be cool.

Cheers guys! :D

Last edited:
Ok thats looks sweet. How do I install this? I have seen videos with similar pickups that are directly attatched to a amp output, how do I do this? :confused:

Really the only issue with LEDs is to protect them with a current limiting resistor so you don't blow them out.

I first put LED neck side markers into an instrument in 1970...tiny little things...and they still work after 41 years!

Top Bottom