Love my Mainland cedar soprano!

flutinggnee

Reaction score
About a month ago, I got recommendations from board members here, and did decide to order a Mainland soprano cedar. I absolutely LOVE it! It's such an aesthetically beautiful instrument, but I most love its resonance and tone. The low action is great for my wrists, which had issues when I played guitar.

I still play my little green Flea for my music classes (I teach elementary music), but my uke for just enjoying myself is now my Mainland. So, thanks to those that recommended them to me after I had researched them.

Congratulations! I decided on the Soprano Mango with low action for the same reason. I wish I could hear them side by side. (It's also a beauty!)

Glad to hear you like it...i think bang for the buck mainland has about the best product out there! Also, though i have two mahogany mainlands myself...the cedar with the dark back and sides makes me drool. The contrast between the two woods is just absolutely stunning. The pictures on their site don't do any of them justice (and maybe no picture could) when my mainland showed up, i couldn't believe the quality of the gloss and the grain of even the relatively boring mahogany. Their mango is also shocking to see in person, it has an almost 3D hologram quality with these little ripples like sand dunes. Keep on strumming for those kiddies
Alex

Ps i see you're in KY, there is a uke gathering i'm hosting here in southern illinois (can't be TOO far from you, about 6 hours to Louisville and 40minutes to paducah) Its a camp out sorta thing, check out regional get togethers, southern illinois ukin in the woods for the full details, october 14-15-16....

So glad to hear you're loving your ukulele's sound, looks, and feel. Congratulations a great find!

I have a Mainland cedar Pineapple, and I love it. I second the opinion about the cedar/rosewood contrast looking fantastic. It's absolutely gorgeous. I've thought about getting a cedar hour-glass soprano from them someday. I have a Mainland mahogany soprano as well, and it's a great uke too.

Congratulations on such a sweet uke!

I was thinking about getting one of those myself, but decided to get the pineapple instead.

Got the cedar tenor. I agree with all the above statements. Looks beautiful, sounds beautiful.
I did play the Cedar and mango side by side, both sounded great, but to my ears the cedar had a bit more definition to the notes.
Wouldn't mind having the mango though.

Top Bottom